Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Good to be back

It's been a long month. On August 10, our new computer arrived (more on that later), but we couldn't set it up untill we moved, on the 15th of August. We were supposed to have internet on the 16th. However, our internet/cable/telephone supplier informed us that their automated telephone system had called our backup phone number, and had been told to delay installation a week.

The next weekend came, we waited for an installer, and nobody arrived. We called and were informed that all the installers were either busy or on vacation. Fine.

We wait another week, a guy finally shows up, takes one look at the job he would have to do, decides that it's too much, and tells us to hire a contractor to do some prep for the job. My dad and I did the prep, called the supplier back, and were told that a tech would be there the next weekend. He didn't show.

Then, today, we were called by a tech named Andrew, informing us he was on his way. He got here at 1030 in the morning, and he has worked like a dog all day. It's almost 1700, and he's sitting on the couch teaching my mom how to use the TV. If it wasn't for his effort and patience, I would be spreading all kinds of negative talk about the company, but he has been so awesome that I'm gonna keep quiet.

It's been a long time in coming, but this internet is fantastic and the computer is infinately superior to my old POS (aside from vista). It's good to be back online.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go set up some real-world weather for Flight Sim. :biggrin:

ps- new comp= Dell Inspiron 545, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 cpu at 2.33 GHz. 8GB RAM, windows vista 64-bit (with upgrade to Windows 7). all told, it ended up costing $1,045 Canadian. Screaming deal. Now I just need to get SF2:V and E.

Sometimes the efforts of one can save face for an entire company just by doing a good job, just wish there were more like him..

Edited by gwar

Good to see you back.

what'd you guys do to the site? It looks great, but I'm just a little disoriented... Where's the bathroom?

The new site is great isn't it? Welcome back.