Sign in to follow this  
grim2

OFF installation paths

Hello knowledgeable folk!

Since today I am getting errors about the OFF Manager not finding its installation.

Funny thing is, I did not change anything... (yes I know they always say that).

The installation drive and directory remained the same.

I changed the "region and language settings" back and forth from "German(Austrian)" to "English(USA)", but this was for another game.

When I start cfs3.exe out of the OFF installation directory, I can play the last QC mission quite normally.

I know I can always reinstall, but would rather know the root cause for this. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tom

post-46491-12531426778485_thumb.png

post-46491-12531426972321_thumb.png

Just a shot in the dark.

http://forum.combata...showtopic=45588

Thanks for your answer, uncleal.

I'm gonna quote myself:

"When I start cfs3.exe out of the OFF installation directory, I can play the last QC mission quite normally."

So the problem seems to be with the OFF manager app. Where does it get its path info from?

Cheers,

Tom

ok,,,so im guessing from your post, that to bypass the off manager,,you are just starting from cfs3.exe...and its working, in that you are able to do quick combat..

are both of those message windows new?..

when you start from off manager,,,how far do you get along before you see these windows?

and,,,just a guess,,but have you checked the directories that are listed in that second window?

Edited by sitting_duck

Guessing messing with regional settings has broken something. You may need to reinstall with whatever settings you intend to use.

Thanks guys, for all your input.

@ uncleal: It never invokes CFS3 or its disc-check. The manager simply refuses to start.

@ sitting_duck: The message windows were new to me. They appear immediately when trying to start the manager. I did not alter any installation drives or paths *shrug*. In fact, I double- and triple-checked all of the paths mentioned.

@ Polovski: Yes, I will reinstall. I actually took this as an excuse to finally install Windows + OFF on a speedy SSD drive ;-)

Thanks and best wishes to you all,

Tom

Thanks for letting us know Tom. Helps others then too. I'm gald you are up and running.