Sign in to follow this  
Rickitycrate

How To Access Missions?

This dummy is having trouble understanding how to access missions installed with MadMatt's installer. I see the missions in the Training folder. Don't they need to be in the Quick Scenario's per appropriate Nation? I don't want to mess things up by jackin' around willynilly. Help with this would be great. I am probably not remembering something that was posted but help please?

I was able to access the Gotha in the CFS3 QC found in the OFF Workshop. The Gotha is not finished but it's sure nice to have.

I still would like to access the user-made missions though.

Edited by Rickitycrate

yes,,if you put a mission in the appropirate scenarios/nation folder, it will show up from the drop down when you get into the game from the scenarios link...<BR><BR>and you cant hurt anything by putting a mission in the wrong folder,,,..the worse thing that can happen is all the friendly planes will be red,,,all the enemy planes will be blue,,,and it seems like everyone is shooting at you cause they dont have a clue what side you are on... <BR><BR><BR>but, to answer your other question,,,,getting to missions in training or historical folderr,,,you have to start the game,,go to multiplayer,,,say start/fly at next window,,,and then you end up with the screen with the 2 medals....mission and multiplayer,,<BR><BR>if you select the mission medal,,,you see all the same missions that you will see in the multiplayer medal, but from the mulitplayer medal you have a little more control over what plane you select....and if you want you can join either side,,,,<BR><BR>im trying to post a link to a thread, but doesnt seem to want to work            <BR>xxx<A href="http://xxxforum.combatace.com/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showConversation&topicID=35601">http:xxx//xxxforum.combatace.com/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showConversation&topicID=35601</A><BR>so just pick whatever method works best for you

Edited by sitting_duck

hmm,,i dont know why it wont let my type a link in,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe cause its a pm link.....<BR><BR><BR><BR>lol..and these html codes are drivng me crazy!!!<BR>

Edited by sitting_duck

Since the ebay link was up for a second or two I clicked on it and did a search for the X45. Cheapest was $25 + $10 shipping so I feel real good about my $10 purchase.clapping.gif

SD I do find your instructions to be clear enough, thank you. Don't fret about the link.

ok,,

and just so you know,,there are a bunch of missions in there by ax that call for a plane you dont have,,,so dont freak when you get that error message......

But those missions are useable? Do I need that plane, is it available? Or just ignore those missions?

try this,,,i got it off d@h..

there were a ton of sound files in the sounds folder i had to delete to get it down to size,,,but it should work....Nieuport 17_axe.rar

hey ax....what are all those sound files????

drinks.gif Just a note of thanks to unclear , Took his advice and used a can of air to clean the Heat sink over the processor. It did help with the problem . Now I can Fly 3 or 4 times plus before it overheats instead of one or two. Kudos good.gif

carrickMiniGun.gif

SD, I downloaded that nupe but could not do anything with it. What folder does it need to go into?

sorry rickity,,,,went back to work,,and gotta shut this down when im working..too much flour gets into the computer (seriously.....)

just copy that folder (nieuport17_axe) into your obd\cfsww1 overflandersfields\aircraft folder...and i beleve that should do it..

lol....ok,,,mute point as it turns out..

i just reran madmats installer to load those missions so i could try it out for you,,and from what i see,,madmat took them out because of the problem with the plane,,,,,so,,you dont need that plane after all...unless,,you happen to have the games that came with the older madmat install,,,one of the missions was called axes gauntlet if i remeber...

Yes , I have the older install. So anyway I know what's going on and I won't worry about it. Thanks again for all you do on the forum SD. I made assignments for my X45 following many of your assignments. I did set my TIR precision to the pinky switch tho. Seems to work well when I remember to use it.