Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

A fine game

clapping.gif Just a few complaints about Flying with 60 sqn Mar 1917. Replacements come in but they go to A flight now that &^*% kissing flight has 5 pilots while I have a wing mate (2 a/c). Another thing I cant seem to knock out a Roland However , they did knock out my N-17 engine and I had to land in a field. There must be some kind of trick to it? My pilot has 10.75 hrs and 4 confirm 1 pending 2 rejected. so he wont last long The albatross D-2 flight s in the area by Lens, France. seem to be getting bigger with the mixed fights of Halberstadts and albatross scouts numbering at least 8 a/c. On the last Flight ( just 2 a/c) I avoided 2 flights of 4 albatri s 1 flight of 4 Halbat D-2s and 2 Albatris. I dove on 3 rolands flying at a lower height which took out my engine. Gotta fight harder or I wont live longer.this.gif

Never fought a Roland yet, but I can speak for the Bristol Fighter, which is a beast in the sky.

On the Bristol, you must avoid under all circumstances, to get into the rear gunner's range.

Now, that sounds easy, but the pilot will fly the craft like a fighter, and he will do his very best

to fly in a way, that gives the gunner a good view at you.

If the Rolands do similar, it must be extremely dangerous to attack them at all.

If you want to know more, take a flight in a Roland, switch over to the gunner's position, and

now check out, where you have "blind spots" for your guns.

Remember, those are your directions to attack them from. But: they may move and change it!

:salute:

I'm maybe the least experienced here but I think I noticed that although it's quite easy to fly and aim from six, it needs a lot more bursts than when firing at high deflection shots. Maybe I was just lucky but I downed some FE2 with short bursts at their cockpit at high angles.

As I said though, I'm not an ace! itifonhom

The FE2 is rather easy to get down (in OFF), Iti.

But a fighter type two seater like the Roland surely was, will defend itself much better.

(Now I hear Bullethead bark: The Fee WAS A FIGHTER!!! Surely right - I only know her from OFF).

To fight such 2seats, you should kill the rear gunner as quick as possible.

But easier said than done - those pilots want to bring him home alive!

cool.gif Good advice will Rent a Roland and look for blind spots. Then go to campaign and cook up the begger. Fe s were fighters but their not hard to shoot down in OFF I baged a few by keeping low at their 6 o clock rising only to fire. They do cook up nice. Thanks all. Flyer.gif

I'm maybe the least experienced here but I think I noticed that although it's quite easy to fly and aim from six, it needs a lot more bursts than when firing at high deflection shots. Maybe I was just lucky but I downed some FE2 with short bursts at their cockpit at high angles.

As I said though, I'm not an ace! itifonhom

Iti, high deflection shots are are good tactics, especially against 2 seaters

WWI crates aren't very fast so deflection shooting isn't too difficult

Rolands aren't as manueverable as Biffs but the TGer's do a good job of keeping your tail clear

IMO they're under powered and therefore don't perform vertically like the Biffs either