Sign in to follow this  
Derk

Last flight of the Victor....

Not for faint hearts : see Youtube www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh2YSzBdWFg for a hair raising event at Bruntingthorpe, not in the nineties of the last century , but in 2009 !!!!heat.gif The pilot, who had flown the plane operationally, was 70 years old.

Found it while looking at displays of the Vulcan, which I've seen twice this year, and found out that way that the Vulcan WAS NOT THE ONLY V BOMBER THAT TOOK TO THE AIR THIS YEAR ...........

If this item has been shown in these forums before: sorry...

Hou doe,

Derk bye.gif

Edited by Derk

Fantastic.

I saw the Vulcan fly a display last weekend, and it was a struggle not to shed a tear. I've been to hundreds of airshows, but this was something special.

I was lucky enough to see the Vulcan at RIAT this year. I was completely mesmerised by the elegance of such an aircraft. It was such a great experience and I would truly recommend going to see it if you ever get the chance. I have a few pics if anyone would like to see them?

Mike

Indeed Derk, I was there in May when this happened. We all stood around immediately afterwards holding our breath, wondering if he was going to be able to stop before the trees at the far end - because of the gradient of the runway all you could see of her was the tail sticking up above the tarmac. Thankfully all ended well and I think the only casualty was a bit of tyre rubber, and perhaps a new pair of shorts. Glad to see this clip has made it on-line now - it shows it from a new angle.

Looking at the size of her, it's amazing to see what a sticking throttle and stiff front-side wind can do.

Cheers, regards, comrpnt.

Indeed Derk, I was there in May when this happened. We all stood around immediately afterwards holding our breath, wondering if he was going to be able to stop before the trees at the far end - because of the gradient of the runway all you could see of her was the tail sticking up above the tarmac. Thankfully all ended well and I think the only casualty was a bit of tyre rubber, and perhaps a new pair of shorts. Glad to see this clip has made it on-line now - it shows it from a new angle.

Looking at the size of her, it's amazing to see what a sticking throttle and stiff front-side wind can do.

Cheers, regards, comrpnt.

I am REALLY glad the Victor made it, first of all of course because of the crew, second because a fantastic plane stayed in one piece and third because of the uproar that was prevented with the CAA, the Gouverment, and the interference by all and every public institution that would have considered itself involved.....

As for the Vulcan, it is of course fantastic that it is back !! At Volkel Open Day 2009 I had the privilege of a little chat with Martin Withers, the display pilot, the same guy that flew the world famous Black Buck mission to the Falklands ...........

It is really amazing and the people and institutions that brought it back in the air -for the amount of about E 10.000.000,= (!!!) - deserve to be decorated .........

And it's nice to have both the Victor and especially the Vulcan available in this sim and to be able to fly your own little display........

Hou doe,

Derk drinks.gif

Edited by Derk