Sign in to follow this  

Some suggestions about the setting of the Nvidia Control Panel?? dntknw.gif

(Anisotropic flitering/Antialiasing mode/Antialiasing setting/Vertical sync) ?? this.gif

what qualifies as "high end" computers and nvidia cards?

I just ran the SF2x Dec2009-patch (NOT the one for/including SF2I!) on my standalone SF2V (plus Expansion Pack Gold) before leaving for work this morning (so not much time to check things) and "re-applied" my modded folder...

What I found out so far:

+ the game now runs on Vista Aero (eventually) - before, I had to switch it off clapping.gif

+ new load screen (a camoed F-4 on tarmac) - well, I prefer the "Welcome to Vietnam" from the SF2V Expansion Pack

- plane(s?) not shown in hangar screen - at least I saw that with the default F-4E (maybe I can find something - jpg or other picture-file - in the "stock mod folder" created after running the patched game once...)

- the HDR mod 1.01A doesn't run anymore. At least Boris' script in the upper left doesn't appear - which (I understand) does indicate whether the enbseries are turned on or not. (Yes, I checked the d9d3.dll and the enbseries being still there.)

Don't know if the new DX10-support implemented overrules the DX9 driver being part of the HDR-mod.

Anybody more knowledgeable than me (well, that's not hard) might be able to answer/supply workarounds for the above? blink.gif

things left to check:

- FPS performance

- more things like the missing plane above

- accurate support of the other objects implemented with the Sf2V XP Gold

...so, lots to do...

(I'll leave copies of this post in the XP Gold- and HDR 1.01A-threads)

Oliver

The DX10 effects were implemented for all sims with the Dec 09 patch. It now does not matter which sim you run, if you patch any one of SF2 series with the Dec 09 patch, you are running the latest engine. SF2/V/E/I are now all eqvialent with the Dec 09 patch.

Which means the enbseries mod is redundant and non-functional.

FC

Yep, Like Fast Cargo said, DX 10 Plugins come for all Versions of SF2 after the DEC.09 Patch. Running the HDR Mod which uses the d9d3.dll on a Engine intended for DX 10, DX 10.1 and DX 11 can lead to Damage to the Game, to Your Video Drivers which could lead to permanate Damage to a User's DX 10 or above Video Card. Besides, Full blown DX10 Shaders can out do anything DX 9 (d9d3.dll) could ever think of doing anyhow.

Though, I'm sure this is a well thought out Mod and alot of Work went into it. I would be sure My Machine was in a DX 9 State before messing with anything on a DX 10 or above Machine.

DX 9 and DX 10 are whole different Animals.........

331KillerBee

Where are you basing your "permanent damage" chances from? As the files are located locally I have serious doubts they'll cause damage to a user's system. They probably just won't run very well with the game, but can be removed from the game directory at any time to fix the issues. Please don't frighten people with unfounded statements.

Where are you basing your "permanent damage" chances from? As the files are located locally I have serious doubts they'll cause damage to a user's system. They probably just won't run very well with the game, but can be removed from the game directory at any time to fix the issues. Please don't frighten people with unfounded statements.

API's are Aplication Processing Interfaces. DX9 uses a different API's that DX10....

MS DX

I've been modding this Series since 2002 and I'm not running any HDR Mods in My Installs of SF2. Frighten People, I doubt it. And if You do enough searching, You'll see that running both API's is not realistic. You can do damage to a Video Card's Processor by messing with the API's and the Processors Threading.......

But of course, GrinchWSLG, I've been giving bad Advice to this Community for a long Time.........All I'm saying is use it at "Your Own Risk" in regards with a Game that already set up using DX 10 Shaders with a Game Engine running to Read DX10 Threading.

My comments are far from Unfounded............If so, Prove Me Wrong......

331KillerBee

I dropped the d3d9.dll and the enbseries meanwhile... No downsides to this up to now!drinks.gif

When I try to use this, the game minimizes with window all the time.

What's wrong.

I'm using Nvidia 8400GS

Update: Nevermind... I'll stick to Dx10 shaders.

Edited by jomni