Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

Su-25 cockpit

The second canopy, has sometimes this mirror, wich can be used to look forward. And on some canopys there is a glass roof, is it a designation stuff or was it just randome?

SU-25UB-71-2002-large.jpg

glass roof

1230682.jpg

solid

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Almost al UB russian planes(including the MiG-29) has this mirror under the cockpit...its for the backseater watch the land.

i think its retractible, since i've seen it with and without the mirror.

How much I know, this mirror is for the instructor to the second cabin was easier to see the runway before the plane ...

And were all su-25ub cabines seperated? the rear one is seperated with a armor glass behind the front seat. is it standart or only on some versions?

I'd imagine because some planes don't need a mirror if the seating position is good enough.

FC

Usually if a plane has a partition between the front and rear cockpits it's due to ejection seat-related concerns and would be standard on all built. The only reason not to have the mirror is if the plane wasn't a trainer but a combat 2-seater. However, I'm unaware of any 2-seat 25s that are designed for combat not training.

That` seems to be the reasen a 2seat trainer maybe a FAC plane don`t know if russians have such birds for those missions, and the one with mirror is a trainer. Thx for this info, this seems to be an interesing aircraft, would like to have some infos from lindr2, but he seems very busy with his mig`s :drinks:

Are there any drawings and detailed shots of the pit could only find a few and not very close or detailed one..

does osmeone have some info about it

War nicht die Su-28 eine zivile Trainingsversion der Su-25? Irgendwie war da was. Vielleicht kommen daher die Unterschiede im Cockpitbereich.

Die Su-28 war die endgültige Bezeichnung der Su-25UT. Die Su-28 ist eine unbewaffnete Version der Su-25UB. Die Su-28 war als Nachfolger der Aero L-29 und L-39 in den russischen Luftstreitkräften und der paramilitärischen DOSAAF gedacht. Der Erstflug fand am 06.08.1987 statt. Aber Ende der 1980er Jahre wurde ein neuer Strahltrainer für die Fortgeschrittenen-Ausbildung ausgeschrieben dem die Su-28 nicht entsprach. Neben dem dann entwickelten Projekt S-54 bewarben sich die Mjassischtschew M-200, Mikojan-Gurewitsch MiG-AT und Jakowlew Jak-130. Im Jahr 2002 entschieden sich die russischen Luftstreitkräfte für die Jakowlew Jak-130

Herren, bitte! Nicht alle koennen Deutsch lesen und verstehen. :blink: