Sign in to follow this  
Milzy

Missile Launch trouble Noob

Hey Loving WOE I'm not bad with air to air guns. My problem is I need some help with missiles. For example I'll have a sidewinder & a red box around my target. I hear the buzzing noise getting louder etc. No matter what distance I get & how square on to the enemy plane I get I can't seem to get that other tilted box to create a diamond lock. Please can you give me some tips to shoot down boogies with missiles please. Should I have my radar in scan mode also or will that make me a threat from enemy radar guided missiles? A short missile use tutorial would be great. Thanks.

With IR missles you won't get a diamond. That's only for radar guided ones.

Sidewinder effectiveness depends on the model. Bs for example, have a rather narrow envelope and are almost useless in a dogfight. Ls are pretty much "point, shoot, kill". In between is a number of variables. With experience you'll be able to instinctivly know the right setup for whatever missle you're using.

Scanning for targets i figure depends on what you think is out there. In an F-4 or Deuce i scan right up until the the target is spotted then go boresight, lock and engage.

Search around these forums and you'll find a lot of posts concerning missle use.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

Page 4 of the Game's manual (that pdf file in the folder marked "Manual") gives a very quick overview of "how to"

More detailed instructions start on Pg 31.

Time to review it, methinks??? At least, it'll get you started on knowing how it works

wrench

kevin stein