Sign in to follow this  
Stick

Pardon my Ignorance

Specifically what bombs can the Shahak use with those dinky parachutes that slow them down?Did Israel use any of these>

I don't know if they ever carried retarded bombs as the plane was devised as an interceptor. Technically if they can carry slick bombs they can carry retarded bombs, because other than testing for possible separation issues the interface is the same, but I don't know that the Mirage III was ever used in that way.

I but I don't know that the Mirage III was ever used in that way.

On the 1967 6 days war Israel used the Mirage III Shahak as bombers (Moked op.)

Operation Moked

Thank you boys.

Thank you boys.

I am sorry if this off topic i am new and require a little guidance

when Firing the AGM-45 Shrike or AGM-78 ARM how do you acquire the target to be Destroyed? i have tried keying up the target but either have the wrong button cinfig or just have a faulty trigger thumb any help would be appreciated.

You select the weapon, and using your RWR (TEWS or SF1 now, doesn't work with with audio only RWRs), you point the aircraft so it aligns with the dot (if with TEWS, the icon on the RWR), and fire at it. It's quite literally a point and shoot weapon.