Sign in to follow this  
tracers168

Windows 7

Hi Tracers168,

Welcome to the slightly obsessional world of OFF - wave goodbye to your social life, and prepare to age visibly in front of your PC...

AFAIK, OFF doesn't come with a clean bill of health for Windows 7, however I'm pretty sure that there are more than one or two people playing it on W7 (which is unsurprising, given that it's a slimmed down Vista on steroids). If you're not sure, or haven't tried it, then get onto the OFF website and email the devs - they'll answer you, I've no doubt. In fact, they'll probably pop up on this thread and give you a definitive answer. They're like that. Omnipresent.

Any potential conflicts with Windows 7 and BHaH?

tracers168

Last time I checked, a few of the developers were running Windows 7 without any issues in the single player campaign and quick combats. I don't know if 7 throws any monkey wrenches in the multiplayer side of things.

Hellshade

Without starting a flame war, would those of you "in the know" regarding Windows 7 advise Windows Vista users for or against making the change to 7? I have enjoyed the stability of Vista, while hating many of the "we'll protect you from yourself" features. Bottom line to me is this - will it make my computing faster, more stable, better in substantial ways?

As you may have guessed, I am not "in the know" regarding 7, not in love with Mickeysoft, but really don't want to the lighter of the match near the gasoline.

There. I'm done. :)

Keep smilin'

Windchill

Well, I have been using Windows 7 on my laptop for some time now, and all appears to be reasonably stable.... have flown BHaH quite succesfully with it too (though have not tried MP)

It's better than Vista (imho) but then everything is!...... It will be a while before I say goodbye to XP though on my PC

Welcome!

I was having some performance problems with ATI drivers, Win XP and OFF.

So I decided to give it a try in my Win7 (32) partition and guess... no problems whatsoever.

It runs smoothly as it was running with Win XP before the problems.

So, now I only play OFF with Win7.

I didn't try multiplayer.

MadMat could not get into mp in win7.....

so if uk could give it a go...(by best impersonation of a brit...) it would be lovely to have a second opinion...

Hi Tracers168,

Welcome to the slightly obsessional world of OFF - wave goodbye to your social life, and prepare to age visibly in front of your PC...

AFAIK, OFF doesn't come with a clean bill of health for Windows 7, however I'm pretty sure that there are more than one or two people playing it on W7 (which is unsurprising, given that it's a slimmed down Vista on steroids). If you're not sure, or haven't tried it, then get onto the OFF website and email the devs - they'll answer you, I've no doubt. In fact, they'll probably pop up on this thread and give you a definitive answer. They're like that. Omnipresent.

Appreciate the responses - Am running WinXP BHaH all year on desktop without a problem including 2 yrs of P2, but, wife was considering installing on her work 'puter which is Vista, going Win 7...

tracers168

Well no need to email us as we can not officially say "yes it is supported". The current version has only been tested with XP 32 bit and Vista 32/64 bit, however I run with Windows 7 64 bit and OFF works fine for me, although I do not play MP.

Can confirm that I cannot play MP on a Lan, with XP and Windows 7!...hmmmm