Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Some pics of Ground Object add-ons for download

Here are some pics of some ground objects I started to use with the Le Missioneur editor. You can find them at: www.geos-aircraft.com/SFObjects. And also some from Heck Mitchell's WW1 Poor Bloody Infantry Mod found here in the FE ground objects mod download section. This stuff works great and fully interacts with enemy forces. They all move and shoot. It's nice to create a mission over the trenches and see all the action below.

Here are a few more. Then I'll stopgrin.gif

Thanks Quack74 but the link will not work for me can any one verify it's working. And they look really good addon more to shoot at.

Thanks Quack74 but the link will not work for me can any one verify it's working. And they look really good addon more to shoot at.

I think if you just go to Geo's main page then follow the links to the ground objects it should work.

http://geos-aircraft.com/SFmain0.htm

This link just worked for me.

Edited by Heck

Sorry about the bad link guysoops.gif . Just follow the one in Hecks last post. BTW thanks Heck

Geo creates some great stuff. The French 75 and the Whizz-bang are awesome, not to mention the infantry and MGs. If you're going to place these things along the lines and have them shoot at each other, here's two suggestions:1) create special versions of them that do one of two things, either armor them, not making them impervious, just tough, or make them wildly bad shots by giving them "new" versions of their guns which are inaccurate, so they fire alot but miss more often than they hit. If you don't do one of these two things, they will kill each other two soon, and then the fun stuff is gone. 2) Get yourself Le Missioneur, or KMD, so you can determine coordinates on the battlefield.

Placing these guys is wildly time consuming and mind numbing, but it does work. 70 percent of the objects I placed for the first time couldn't see each other when I placed them, so I had to fly there, crash, and then use the free floating camera to see where they should be placed, so they could see over the small rises in the terrain that you can't see from the air.

Finally, in your missioncontrol.ini, increase the MaxEventLog line to at least 8192 so you don't lose all your stats (Sorry, Bandy! Forgot about this all those months ago!), because every time they shoot or hit, it's an event to the sim, so if the file isn't big enough you lose your stats.

Right now I'm involved in a project with my brother not involving FE, but over the coming long, cold winter I'll take on Cambrai and Flanders if real life doesn't interfere. If you want to post an updated version of the PBI mod using Geo's stuff, Quack, please do. And if anyone takes on Cambrai or Flanders before I get to it, God bless you, and I'll send you gauze pads for your bleeding eyes. rofl.gif

Edited by Heck

Wow Heck, I didnt even think of taking it that far. But it all makes sense too me. I'll have to work on all that stuff you said to get everything to react better. When flying over the populated areas there is a lot of gun fire and smoke. Too much more would really kill the Frame Rates on my system.

Since you know about Le Missioneur editor can you or anyone else here tell me if the AI flights are able to have different skins for each plane? Can you clone the lead plane? or select each aircraft in the flight and change their skins some how? And can you change the altitudes for balloons?

Sorry to bug you with this. But thanks anywaygood.gif

Edited by quack74

Wow Heck, I didnt even think of taking it that far. But it all makes sense too me. I'll have to work on all that stuff you said to get everything to react better. When flying over the populated areas there is a lot of gun fire and smoke. Too much more would really kill the Frame Rates on my system.

Since you know about Le Missioneur editor can you or anyone else here tell me if the AI flights are able to have different skins for each plane? Can you clone the lead plane? or select each aircraft in the flight and change their skins some how? And can you change the altitudes for balloons?

Sorry to bug you with this. But thanks anywaygood.gif

It's been a long time since I used it, in fact, I think it was when I was doing PBI, so I'm not sure about much of this. I don't think it will let you change balloon altitude, or change skins. Sorry I couldn't help, but you've convinced me to update PBI at least, as soon as I can after my brother's and my project. Look for it in "two weeks."rofl.gif

Ok these will be the last onesgrin.gif

These are pics of an active battle field between German and British ground objects. They are all just from a stock install and seem to be doing just fine with out altering their data. I think it is an awsome site to see from the air.

Sorry for the overkill with the pics but it's the only way to get a feel for it.

...If you're going to place these things along the lines and have them shoot at each other, here's two suggestions:1) create special versions of them that do one of two things, either armor them, not making them impervious, just tough, or make them wildly bad shots by giving them "new" versions of their guns which are inaccurate, so they fire alot but miss more often than they hit. If you don't do one of these two things, they will kill each other two soon...

Hi Heck.

Referring to your comments above regarding adding armour and/or reducing the accuracy of fire. Can you tell me please, what DATA.INI text and settings I'd need to add or amend to achieve this?

If it's not too much trouble, it'd be great if you could post a few of the DATA.INI settings you use yourself.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Bucky