Sign in to follow this  
Rossmeister

The campaign is so awesome..

All the fallen pilots keep flying their aircraft over the front. You just can't see them. When you see them one day - you have crossed that line...

Oh Hell, I must have crossed that line a long, long time ago. I've been surrounded by ghosts since childhood, so I take that as normal. What bothers me, though, is when Elvis drops by every couple of months. The bastard cleans out my fridge yikes.gif

Well I use QC also but I have to say that while in QC I'm really a good dogfighter, in campaign it seems I bite the dust for no reason. Me alone in a Alb D2 against 3 N17 veterans in QC I win although bad peppered. 3 Albs D2 against 2 N17 in Campaign I'm the first to go down!

itifonhom

Hahaha! Bullet, many people would gladly let him empty the fridge only if they

could see him again. When you see the ghosts, you are lingeringon the threshhold,

cause you have once been about to cross it, cause you where shot at or stabbed

or near an explosin; you should have been dead by now, but you escaped.

Now you can look into both worlds.

That's from some dark fantasy book, no literature really, but I liked it.

I have one such book by Dean Koontz (probably his only one I like): "Odd Thomas"

That guy can see the dead, and Elvis often lingers around or waits for him in his car.

He is mostly very sad and often cries. A funny book.

Hello,

You're never alone. All the fallen pilots keep flying their aircraft over the front.

You just can't see them. When you see them one day - you have crossed that line...

This reminded me of the "forever circling patrol of aviators" ... just an animated cartoon film, but it sent some shivers down my spine when i saw it the first time:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Be sure to watch until the end ...

The pilot is then sent back to earth, but since he has almost crossed the line ...

Greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

When you see the ghosts, you are lingeringon the threshhold, cause you have once been about to cross it, cause you where shot at or stabbed or near an explosin; you should have been dead by now, but you escaped.

Doesn't that apply to us all? Surely everybody here has come within an RCH of having their tail of years snipped off at the buttocks more than once? I can't imagine anybody reaching even early middle age without more close calls can they can remember. Car wrecks, sports, drug and/or alcohol overdoses, freak accidents in daily life, you name it. Or maybe I've just had a rough life.

Still, I think the reason I'm "on the threshold" is because of my Cajun grandma, who was as fey as they come. That's supposedly a generation-skipping thing and all. Plus, there was a bit of Louisiana voodoo surrounding my birth, or so I've been told.

But as a rational, if often drunken, 21st Century man, I put it all down to parallel universes and other such things readily explainable by modern physics. If photons can bump shoulders across the boundaries of universes to create interference patterns when there's only 1 photon here, why can't your eyes, which react to photons, see into the other universes under the right condistions? Either that, or I hallucinate constantly, which is also readily explainable drinks.gif .

This reminded me of the "forever circling patrol of aviators" ... just an animated cartoon film, but it sent some shivers down my spine when i saw it the first time

HOLY CRAP!!!! Italian anime yikes.gif .

Seriously, this is classic. And who would have put a bunch of Italian and Austro-Hungarian flyingboat fighters into that eternal circle, but somebody really into the obscurities of WW1. Damn, that was chilling! Thanks for sharing drinks.gif .

Reminds me of a song.....

An ol' cowpoke went ridin' out one dark an' windy day

Upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way

When all at once a mighty herd of red-eyed steers he saw

Tearin' through the ragged skies an' up a cloudy draw

Their brands were still on fire and their hooves were made of steel

Their horns were black and shiny and their hot breath he could feel

A bolt of fear went through him as they thunderd 'cross the sky

He saw the riders comin' hard an' heard their mournful cry

Yippee yi oh!

Yippee yi yay!

Ghost riders in the sky

Their faces gaunt, their eyes were blurred, their shirts all soaked with sweat

They're ridin' hard to catch that herd by they ain't caught it yet

'Cause they've got to ride forever through that range up in the sky

On horses snortin' fire. As they ride by hear their cry

Yippee yi oh!

Yippee yi yay!

Ghost riders in the sky

As the riders loped on by him he heard one call his name

He said, "You wanna save your soul from Hell a-ridin' on our range?

"Then cowboy change your ways right now or with us you will ride

"Tryin' to catch the Devil's herd across these endless skies"

Yippee yi oh!

Yippee yi yay!

Ghost riders in the sky

Wow, didn't know Porco Rosso (Red Pig?), and I must be getting old to post

this one here - sheer kitsch and sob stuff - but when someone draws WW1

flying boats, I make an exception (Sob!)

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Edited by Olham

but when someone draws WW1 flying boats, I make an exception (Sob!)

Most of them were quite elegant, weren't they? There were a few abortions to be true, but nearly as many as on land. Hopefully, someday OFF will have these AH and Italian flyingboat fighters dueliing over the Adriatic. The "Otto Prohaska" series really hooked me on that. I was hoping Stumpjumper would soon have such available, but given his unfortunate accident, I'm afraid we'll have to wait a while longer blink.gif .

But that whole eternal ghostly circle of WW1 planes..... There were all kinds of things in there, even obscure Caudron types and Austrian bombers that only reached the prototype stage (although killing some test pilots). And in the vid you linked, the checking of the rounds for imperfections that might jam the guns, by coal-oil lamp no less. Whoever made this anime, despite the porcine main character, really knew something about WW1. I must find and buy the full thing in English, that I know. Who knows? It might be as good as Cowboy Bebop cool.gif .

Still.... DAMN, I will never look at a contrail the same way again. That's not condensation in the exhaust of a 747, it's all of everybody's DiD pilots and their victims. Creepy, eh?