Sign in to follow this  
Stiffy

Odds stacked in favour of germany?

Very much agreed- the AI present in OFF really makes this sim interesting to fly- you never really know what you are up against challengewise, and those enemy pilots who were a bunch of recent training school graduates yesterday will tear you a new one today, and be a challenging roadblock tomorrow. Currently one Escadrille, No.48, which seems to be Jasta 1's main antagonist in early April 1917, is just now showing signs of cracking. We landed a lucky hammer blow on them when they attacked a local 'Armybase' and, up to that point in time, we fought some wickedly hard fights- to the point Jasta 1 was down to 3 active pilots. Since that day I've been seeing what must be a lot of replacement pilots flying for Esc-48, which fall to our guns now fairly quickly, although our AI pilots also drop rather quick. Brilliant.

Back in my IL2 days, the group I was flying with ended up doing a lot of co-op missions where we split between Russian and German machines because the AI was pretty awful back in 2002-2003ish, so we had a nice co-op PvP going (plus the bonus of having a really good mission builder chap which made a huge difference in our enjoyment.