Sign in to follow this  
Dysko

Lufthansa Concorde for FS2004 and X

First of all, sorry for posting in English in the German section.

Some weeks ago I made a fictional Alitalia livery for Libardo Guzman's Concorde for FS2004 and FSX. Then I wanted to continue this "what-if Concorde" series. The next logical step would be another major european airline, Lufthansa.

Here is what I made so far:

concorde_lh.jpg

As you can see, I made the "old" livery, the one with the blue cheatline. However, I didn't make the bare metal under the cheatline, because I think it wouldn't be so nice-looking on the Concorde.

What do you think?

I still need some advice:

1) Does Luthansa christen its aircraft? If that's the case, I'd name it "Otto Lilienthal" (suggestions accepted if you don't like it).

2) Does the German aircraft registry allow the owner to chooese the registration of the airplane? I'd use D-CONC as registration (I used I-CONC for the Alitalia one. Again, suggestions accepted).

Hi, welcome to the german Forum! :salute:

For your questions:

1. Yes, Lufthansa gives their aircraft Names, not of persons, but german cities. Here´s a list i found about wich city names are on wich aircraft: LINK

BTW, the Name "Otto Lilienthal" is used by the german Air Force. Till 1999 a Boeing 707-307C (military Registration 10+01) was named like this and after it´s retirement, an A-310 MRTT (10+24) has written the name on it. :grin:

2. I think yes. On the airport i work, we have a cargo airline based. They were founded just a few years ago and operate two B-747. Both are registered in Germany and are wearing the registrations D-ACGA and D-ACGB. Now comparing these two registrations with the name of the airline "Air Cargo Germany", i have no doubt it can be choosen by the owner!

Oh, and i almost forgot to say, good looking skin!

If i remember right the Lufthansa boss answered the question how many Concords he want to buy with the words: "Tell me when i should go bankrupt and i tell you how many Concords i will buy!"

But its a nice skin for a nice bird. I like it.

Edited by Gepard

Thank you for your replies! :smile:

Just a question though: what is the exact hue of Lufthansa's blue? I was told the colour is slightly off, and I wanted to correct it.

As far as i know, Lufthansa is using "Kobaltblau" (Cobalt Blue), wich has the RAL-Number 5013. Depending on a list i found in the net, the RGB values are 037-041-074 and the HEX-Code should be #1E213D.

The Lufthansa Concorde is now available on Simviation and FlightSim.com. I'll upload it also on AVSIM as soon as the library is working again.

Look for "lufthansa concorde".

thx looks great a nice what if plane! I cann see a bombbay, missile pylons and some well trained bomberpilots in this beast!