Sign in to follow this  
Jarhead1

This ought to stir up a little talk

NO ARGUING, but if you do, back it up, no personal attacks or anything like that either. If it gets out of hand I will have someone lock this thread. I just want to see opinions on this and if someone can say if it is legal or not. They are kind of sketchy with the video saying its illegal. I dont know, so I am trying to get others points of view. Legal or not, its still pretty damn cool in my opinion.

oh yea!

toast!!

airshows, flyby's, etc. are all very tightly controlled and require specific authorization.

(those rules having been written in charred blood)

No way a couple of trainers would be cleared for that.

You need a waiver from the Friendly Aviation Administration (FAA)to do that kind of flying. Yes,even in an airshow.

If they didn't have one they should have been busted.

Airshow flying is dangerous enough without a couple of non-briefed Meatheads hotrodding around.

Yes,it's very cool,but also very illegal.

I think it comes down to the fact that they broke the rules. Irrespective of how stupid or pointless a rule may be, they are there to be followed and anyone not doing so should be punished. Pretty cool fly-by thoughgood.gif

Mike

Wasn't that low with one exception but people should be behind fences. Wonder what the tower people had to say as it wasn't a single pass but 4 or 5 . If it was too dangerous they should have cancelled the thing after the first pass. If the pilots disobeyed instructions from traffic control they should have been busted.

Have seen even USAFE planes doing lower passes over grass runways (F111F / Keiheuvel Airshow) in the eighties with people standing quite close behind fences. Dangerous ? no.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

It might of been an uncontrolled field, thus no control tower to talk to, which in turn means you better be on your game to keep things safe!

"There is a time and place for everything" - Old Eastern Proverb

There are FAR's and other applicable regulations and procedures for approval of airshows. If these two pilots were part of the airshow they should've been in compliance with what had been set up and approved for demonstration manuvers. Provisions are clearly outlined to the promoters of airshows as to what will and will not be allowed, what altitudes and so on and appropriate TFR's are issued for the coresponding block times as well as NOTAM's for public consumption. If they deviate from an approved script there are sanctions.

If they just showed up and "crashed the party", they are lucky to only have their tickets pulled. They chose neither the appropriate time nor place. They chose poorly.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits. - Albert Einstein