Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

ADDING Primary Targets in WOI or WOE

Guest Eject

:salute:To Wrench and/or Dave;

Hope you are still awake guys. How do I ADD Primary Targets in Single Mission in WOI or WOE? I use only WOE now with Terrains of IsraelME and IsraelME2, GermanCE, Libya, Timor, ans Modern Darwin, Greece just deleted since it has same strangeness with Libya which is not resolved yet *jagged squaaare lines at SEA when viewed from a long distance. Suez also had been dumped due to worse things, i.i., lots of WHITE space far in front of me when piloting my planes.

Only when I used Israel Terrain did I got more and more only Telecom and Generator Buildings aas Primary Targets. They were so boring, flying an Su-27 just to strike such targets. How can I have more larger-scale targets such as Runways, Ammo Bunkers and Armed vehicle Primary Targets that just poopeed in -- to my pleasent surprise -- Libya??? Thank you guys.:good:

:salute:To Wrench and/or Dave;

Hope you are still awake guys. How do I ADD Primary Targets in Single Mission in WOI or WOE? I use only WOE now with Terrains of IsraelME and IsraelME2, GermanCE, Libya, Timor, ans Modern Darwin, Greece just deleted since it has same strangeness with Libya which is not resolved yet *jagged squaaare lines at SEA when viewed from a long distance. Suez also had been dumped due to worse things, i.i., lots of WHITE space far in front of me when piloting my planes.

Only when I used Israel Terrain did I got more and more only Telecom and Generator Buildings aas Primary Targets. They were so boring, flying an Su-27 just to strike such targets. How can I have more larger-scale targets such as Runways, Ammo Bunkers and Armed vehicle Primary Targets that just poopeed in -- to my pleasent surprise -- Libya??? Thank you guys.:good:

Hi Eject, you will need to extract the _targets.ini file and add to it to define your own target areas and target objects.

For example, in WOE go to Terrain/GermanyCE and edit file GermanyCE_targets.ini (you may need to use the CAT extractor first to get the stock file from the ObjectData.CAT file).

Looking through GermanyCE_targets.ini you'll see friendly and enemy target locations defined.

A simple one would be to add something like the following:

[TargetAreaXXX]
Name=SAM site reported at gridRef(58,77)
Position=580000,770000
Radius=7000
ActiveDate=04/20/1979
InactiveDate=04/30/1979
Location=2
Alignment=ENEMY
Target[001].Type=SAMRadar
Target[001].Offset=0.00,0.00
Target[001].Heading=270
Target[002].Type=SAMLauncher
Target[002].Offset=0.00,1000.00
Target[002].Heading=315
Target[003].Type=SAMLauncher
Target[003].Offset=1000.00,0.00
Target[003].Heading=270
Target[004].Type=SAMLauncher
Target[004].Offset=0.00,-1000.00
Target[004].Heading=225
Target[005].Type=SAMLauncher
Target[005].Offset=-1000.00,0.00
Target[005].Heading=270

This will place a cross-shaped SAM site (1 x SAM radar and 4 x SAM launchers) on the map at x/y coords 580000,770000 with the radar in the centre of the cross.

The name of the target is important if you want to make it read sensibly during the mission briefing when you load the mission during the game. For example, see the attached mission file.

Active and inactive dates effectively turn on and turn off the target so that they appear and disappear from the game map, depending on the date of the mission, set in the mission file on line "StartDate=04/22/1979"

Offsets are calculated as x (left/right) and y(up/down) from the "Position=" value. For example,

Offset=0.00,0.00 is the same as the "Position=" value (580000,770000).

Offset=1000.00,0.00 real location is, in this example, 581000,770000.

Offset=0.00,1000.00 real location is, in this example, 580000,771000.

Offset=-1000.00,0.00 real location is, in this example, 579000,771000.

Offset=0.00,-500.00 real location is, in this example, 580000,769500.

Offset=-500.00,-500.00 real location is, in this example, 579500,769500.

...and so on. You get I idea.

The heading value is simply the compass heading on the game map, so 0(zero)=North(up), 90=East(right), 180=South(down), 270=West(left).

***Important: The names of the objects in the target location MUST be exactly the same as those defined in the GermanyCE_types.ini file (the "Name=" field for each 'type' entry). For example, from the WOE GermanyCE_types.ini file...

[TargetType061]
Name=SAMRadar
FullName=SAM Site
TargetType=SAM_RADAR
UseGroundObject=TRUE
ActiveYear=1965
TargetValue=200
RepairRate=0.555
StartDetectChance=80
StartIdentifiedChance=20
IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10
MaxVisibleDist=8000.0
DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion
SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect
SecondaryChance=50

[TargetType062]
Name=SAMLauncher
FullName=SAM Site
TargetType=SAM_LAUNCHER
UseGroundObject=TRUE
ActiveYear=1965
TargetValue=100
RepairRate=0.555
StartDetectChance=20
StartIdentifiedChance=0
IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0
MaxVisibleDist=8000.0
DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion
SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect
SecondaryChance=50

Hope this helps, regards, comrpnt.

WOE_SAM_test_mission.zip

Guest Eject

:salute:Com, God bless you mate. Sorry I did not return to you soon, there, AGAIN, was a big TREMOR in Jakarta and West Java. 6.4 in the Richter Scale, center (of the quake) in Ujung Kulon West Java where KRAKATOA is located! It did not affect my connection tho. Still, it was a bit scarry after the West Sumatera and Padang (7.6 RS) and left more than 1K people dead. Again, thanks a lot for you help. Regard to Wrench and Dave. I just copied your reply in my HDD:good:

Go download the "shipwreck" object from the D/L section (iirc, it's under object mods). There's a illustrated tutorial in the zip on how to place targets.

wrench

kevin stein

Another factor to keep in mind is the target value of the target. For game generated quick missions the minimum target value for the game to generate a strike on a target is 100 points. I suspect this is true for campaigns as well but I'm not 100% sure. The ini that contains this data is the SINGLEMISSION.INI. Here is the singlemission.ini from SFP1:

[TargetValues]

MinStrikeTargetValue=100

HeavyStrikeValue=1000

NormalStrikeValue=200

Not sure how the game decides when to do a minimum, heavy or normal strike mission but the heavy strike missions [like runways, 1000 points] seem somewhat rare. The singlemission.ini can be extracted from the Flight Folder, MissionData.cat. Knowing the point values, it is probably simpler to just modify the target values in the particular terrains TYPES.INI. As an example, SFP1 has 4 city buildings that don't ever seem to come up as targets. From Desert_Types.ini:

[TargetType043]

Name=CityBuilding1

FullName=City Building

ModelName=citybldg1.lod

TargetType=CITY_BUILDING

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=0

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=100.0

ArmorValue=30000.0

ArmorType=1

RepairRate=0.150

StartDetectChance=20

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=12000.0

DamagedModel=

DestroyedEffect=LargeTallStructureCollapse

DestroyedModel=

SecondaryEffect=MediumExplosionEffect

SecondaryChance=100

To generate some strikes on this target you could modify it to something like this:

[TargetType047]

Name=CityBuilding1

FullName=Radio Station...................Name that will be used in game

ModelName=citybldg1.lod

TargetType=COMM_BUILDING.................Target Type

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=200............................Normal Strike Value [see above]

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=100.0

ArmorValue=30000.0

ArmorType=1

RepairRate=0.150

StartDetectChance=80............... Not sure how these work but now they are the same as

StartIdentifiedChance=10............ the Comm Building.

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10.............

MaxVisibleDist=12000.0

DamagedModel=

DestroyedEffect=LargeTallStructureCollapse

DestroyedModel=

SecondaryEffect=MediumExplosionEffect

SecondaryChance=100

Now, instead of getting a strike mission against the dreaded comm building, you may get to blow up a radio station instead. For add-on terrains, the types.ini will probably be in the terrains folder, for the stock terrains, it can be extracted from the terrain.cat. Hope this helps, Cheers.

Edited by baffmeister

Guest Eject

Hi to all replied to me above. Thank you all gurus! Saving ur replies all. Say hello to Dave.:salute: