Sign in to follow this  
Abhi

Russia-India ink pact to make FGFA

India and Russia after negotiations and glitches,are now going full steam ahead to finalize the joint project for the stealth fifth gen fighter aircraft(FGFA),Which will have super maneuverability and super-cruising.

the Indian FGFA will based upon the single seater Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA being currently developed by Russia.

indution date is speculated to be around 2017.

India and Russia will then also ink the fresh inter-governmental agreement on military cooperation to extend their strategic partnershipby another 10 years.

among other projects are brahmos 2 hypersonic cruise missile,50 more su-30mki's in addition to the 230 contracted,more mig-29k for the Indian navy,smerch MLRS systems,K-152 nerpa submarine,1,657 T-90 MBT's,gorshkov aircraft carrier,stealth frigates and some reports even indicate India's willingness to acquire the S-400 Triumph SAM systems.

while it is obviously good news for the russians as China decided to go solo in its 5th gen fighter program,russia was also unable to persuade Brazil in the project.

someone posted on the polish language a small pic of some technitians working on the PAK-FA and it looks allmost finish

you cant see the entire aircraft but the part that is visible looks in a very avance state

Edited by rotarycrazy

yeah i also saw that, Wikipedia says that the trial flight is scheduled in end of 2009.

About this PAK-FA picture on polish forum... it is not T-50 -it looks like Su-35... false alarm.

And do You know witch version of Akula class is Nerpa? I'm sure that it is not Akula II. If she has 6 external tubes that it is Akula mod, if she hasn't it is simply Akula. And what about weapons? Some cruise missiles made by India will be add?

Edited by CIACHO

About this PAK-FA picture on polish forum... it is not T-50 -it looks like Su-35... false alarm.

And do You know witch version of Akula class is Nerpa? I'm sure that it is not Akula II. If she has 6 external tubes that it is Akula mod, if she hasn't it is simply Akula. And what about weapons? Some cruise missiles made by India will be add?

pitty, i really want to see the t-50 make its public debut this year

the K-15 sagarika SLBM and SL brahmos will be added,AFIK.

the K-15 sagarika SLBM and SL brahmos will be added,AFIK.

But where??? Bramhos is the version of Oniks missile and it can't be use from torpedo tubes. And Sagarika? I heard that it is cruise -not SLBM missile. Any pictures of this missile?

Edited by CIACHO

till now i haven't come across any images of k-15 only trucks with canisters are displayed.

wikipedia reports that SL brahmos is undergoing trials.(read article brahmos in wikipedia).