Sign in to follow this  
hgbn

The Gourmet Thread

Some of us like to cook, so I thought it could a great idea sharing some recipe... And maybe get inspirred to do some cooking on a dish from another part of the world. :grin:

Since I started this thread. I'm putting in one of my favourites.

King Frederik's Favourite dish

Recipe for 4 pers.

Sauce

2 teaspoon with top Paprika

2 big Onions

Salt and pepper

4 Red Bell Peppers

1/4 gallon milk

1 Bouilloncube

3 small cans of concentrated tomato purée

1 Flank Steak sliced in thin pieces

Chop Onions and Bell peppers

Fry the meat in the paprika add the onions and pepper fruits, when you can look trough the onions add the rest of the ingredient and let it simmer.

The longer the better on low heat, brings more taste to the dish. taste with salt and pepper. add some thickener.Depending on the strenght of the concentrated

tomato purée we sometimes adds a half bottle of ketchup.

Toppings for the dish

2 raw regular Onions ( chopped)

4 Hard boiled eggs ( chopped)

some pickled Beetroot( chopped)

Sprinkle the toppings on top of the dish when served.

Serve with both boiled potatos sprinkled with parsil and french frites.

Note! The sauce is great with Porkchops too.

Enjoy

gallery_29981_367_2626.jpg

Taco Salad

(you need a big bowl for this)

-3+ pounds of hamburger (little more than 3lbs especially if using two heads of lettuce)

-1 or 2 heads of lettuce (depending on how many you're feeding or if you like it cold and for left overs like me :)

-several onions

-several tomatoes

-block of mild cheddar cheese

-bag of cheese Doritos

-2 packs taco seasoning (such as Old El Paso)

1. Wash your lettuce heads and put in the fridge to crisp.

2. Start cooking the meat.

3. Chop up your onions and tomatoes and shred the cheddar cheese.

4. Dump the Doritos in.

5. Go ahead and toss what you have so far. (helps mix things up evenly before adding the rest)

6. Drain the beef and place back in the pan. Add about a cup of water and the two packs of seasoning and cook at simmer.

7. Chop up the lettuce and add to the bowl.

8. Raise the heat on the meat to high and stir getting it real hot before adding the beef to the bowl. (my trick to help insure that cheese gets melty)

9. Toss everything and its ready to serve.

10. (OPTIONAL) Eat with Italian dressing. That's what I use and grew up using on this family regular.

Nothing fancy or too expensive and real tasty!

Chicken Unknown

Well it does have a real name, but I have no idea what it is, so I renamed it about 20 years ago... :grin:

This recipe is VERY flexible...

Need:

1 glass casserole pan

1 Baking pan

about 1/2 cup of Corn Oil, or Olive Oil, whichever you prefer... Olive is better for you.

1 Egg

Milk

4C bread crumbs

2 Cans of Cambell's Cream of Mushroom soup

1 Bag of Frozen breaded Swanson (or any Store brand) Onion Rings

1 package of American cheese, yellow for looks as white looks like glue when it's melted. They taste the same.

Boneless Chicken breasts... as many as you like. Depending on the size of the pan. For the average pan, I use about 1 lb, sometimes more. Just make sure the bottom of the pan is very full.

1 package of frozen Broccoli cuts. do not use full pieces, they must be cut up.

OK.. easy peezy....

Before you do anything... take out the baking pan, and dump the oil in it... preheat the oven for 350 deg.

1. Cut up the Chicken breasts into pieces using a knife or better a meat scissor.

2. Mix the egg and milk into a bowl, any consistency does good.... it's only for dipping and breading.

3. Take a hand-full of chicken and toss it into the bowl, making sure each piece is covered with the mix of milk and egg.

4. Take the 4C breadcrumbs and using a regular dish, pour some into a pile. Drop each piece into the pile and bread them, pushing lightly and flipping them around so they are all covered in bread crumbs.

5. Put each piece of breaded chicken into the baking pan, and bake for about 10 min... flip.. 10 min more, or until cooked real good. Piece will shrink, and begin to get crunch... stop there, as you want them juice still.. but cooked.

6. Take them out of the pan, place them in a dish over paper towels to drain the extra oil. Eat a few as they are the BEST chicken nuggets you will ever taste!!! :)

6a. While you are doing this... boil the broccoli in water to thaw it out. You don't have to use the whole package... just a two handfuls, or enough that you like.

7. OK... take the drained pieces, and dump them into the casserole pan

8. Drain the cooked broccli, dump that into the pan

9. Open the two cans of Soup... dump that it. Fill one halfway with milk... and mix it in. It might be easier to dump both into a sauce pan and heat them up to thin them out. Point is to make a sauce, and NOT soup. So it can be a little loose, but not milky.

10. Dump that in...

11. Cover the whole pan with the American Cheese

12. Cover the cheese with the Frozen Onion rings

13. Toss it in the oven for about 1/2 hour.... maybe more... maybe less. When you see it bubbling from the sides... and the cheese is burnt on the edges.. it's done.

14. Serve... caution... IT'S VERY HOT!!!

15. Call Ambulance as you are sure to eat more than you need to... this sounds like a crazy mix, but MAN IT'S DAMN GOOD. I have served this a million times over the past 20 years and not one person said they didn't like it. It has something for everyone.

Enjoy!!

OvS

This a very good idea. But then keep in mind I write cookbooks! :drinks:

Chicken Unknown

Well it does have a real name, but I have no idea what it is, so I renamed it about 20 years ago... :grin:

This recipe is VERY flexible...

Need:

1 glass casserole pan

1 Baking pan

about 1/2 cup of Corn Oil, or Olive Oil, whichever you prefer... Olive is better for you.

1 Egg

Milk

4C bread crumbs

2 Cans of Cambell's Cream of Mushroom soup

1 Bag of Frozen breaded Swanson (or any Store brand) Onion Rings

1 package of American cheese, yellow for looks as white looks like glue when it's melted. They taste the same.

Boneless Chicken breasts... as many as you like. Depending on the size of the pan. For the average pan, I use about 1 lb, sometimes more. Just make sure the bottom of the pan is very full.

1 package of frozen Broccoli cuts. do not use full pieces, they must be cut up.

OK.. easy peezy....

Before you do anything... take out the baking pan, and dump the oil in it... preheat the oven for 350 deg.

1. Cut up the Chicken breasts into pieces using a knife or better a meat scissor.

2. Mix the egg and milk into a bowl, any consistency does good.... it's only for dipping and breading.

3. Take a hand-full of chicken and toss it into the bowl, making sure each piece is covered with the mix of milk and egg.

4. Take the 4C breadcrumbs and using a regular dish, pour some into a pile. Drop each piece into the pile and bread them, pushing lightly and flipping them around so they are all covered in bread crumbs.

5. Put each piece of breaded chicken into the baking pan, and bake for about 10 min... flip.. 10 min more, or until cooked real good. Piece will shrink, and begin to get crunch... stop there, as you want them juice still.. but cooked.

6. Take them out of the pan, place them in a dish over paper towels to drain the extra oil. Eat a few as they are the BEST chicken nuggets you will ever taste!!! :)

6a. While you are doing this... boil the broccoli in water to thaw it out. You don't have to use the whole package... just a two handfuls, or enough that you like.

7. OK... take the drained pieces, and dump them into the casserole pan

8. Drain the cooked broccli, dump that into the pan

9. Open the two cans of Soup... dump that it. Fill one halfway with milk... and mix it in. It might be easier to dump both into a sauce pan and heat them up to thin them out. Point is to make a sauce, and NOT soup. So it can be a little loose, but not milky.

10. Dump that in...

11. Cover the whole pan with the American Cheese

12. Cover the cheese with the Frozen Onion rings

13. Toss it in the oven for about 1/2 hour.... maybe more... maybe less. When you see it bubbling from the sides... and the cheese is burnt on the edges.. it's done.

14. Serve... caution... IT'S VERY HOT!!!

15. Call Ambulance as you are sure to eat more than you need to... this sounds like a crazy mix, but MAN IT'S DAMN GOOD. I have served this a million times over the past 20 years and not one person said they didn't like it. It has something for everyone.

Enjoy!!

OvS

My familily tried this for dinner this evening... :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: Great meal... However we had to replace some of the ingredients with other similar availible stuff.

Highly reconmended

My familily tried this for dinner this evening... good.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif Great meal... However we had to replace some of the ingredients with other similar availible stuff.

Highly reconmended

I'm very happy you enjoyed it! It's an open receipe, you can sub in any veggie you want... peas, coliflower, asparagus... it all goes good. That's why it's called... Chicken Unkown... because I don't have a clue what it is.

LOL!!

OvS

Next up.... my ultra kid famous... Big Daddy Burgers!! good.gif

heres one i did up on Halloween for my units cookout

Grilled Chicken Parmesan Afghani

50 chicken breasts( i am an army cook and deal in bulk)

Sauce

2 liters water

salt to taste

tomato paste approx. 3 lbs (10 of those little cans you get at the store or half of one of the large cans you get at a discount warehouse)

1/2 lb of brown sugar

48 oz V-8 vegetable juice

1/3 cup red pepper

1/3 cup garlic

3/4 basil

2 tomatoes diced

bring your liquids to a boil then add your seasonings and diced tomato. finally add the tomato paste to thicken it up. set aside for when the chicken is grilled

Grill your chicken until done. plain no seasoning. as each batch is finished (internal temp of 180 degrees F) add your sauce liberally over each piece of chicken. then add shredded cheese(i used white cheddar but thats all i had available) over the whole pan cover and serve within 30 mins.

it may sound wierd and i used the ingredients i had available. however i have people shaking my hand on tuesday(halloween was sat) telling me how much they enjoyed it and for once on one of my cookouts the chicken ran out first not the steak! so i think i did something good there. saw this thread again while lookin thru the forums and figured i'd share. if your looking for smaller amounts i apologize but you may hafta do a little math firstdntknw.gif hopefully someone can try this for a family get together or such.

BBQ Banana

1 Banana per person

Brown sugar

Whiskey or Brandy

Whipped Cream

Put the bananas on the BBQ, dont peel them. When they are black all over and the juice are begining to leak they are done.

Peel them. Caution they are really hot. put them on a plate for each person. Slice a slot lenghtwise in the banana put in some brown sugar and pour some good whiskey or Brandy in the slot. Serve with whipped cream.

A great dessert when you're BBQing