Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Checndu F-7P question

Do we have this exact mark of the Chengdu fighter available on SF series?

chengdu1.jpg

Or his chinese brother?

j-7mg1201.jpg

Have you looked?

Since 2005. Check howling1's MigPaks.

btw, the updated version with 4 pylons hasnt been released yet. Part of the incompleted Indo-Pak Mod

wrench

kevin stein

Not exactly the same plane: Look at the Pitot tube, it looks more like a Mig-21 F-13, also the canopy,the union between fuselage and the vertical tail ( a sensor? )...

1386F_7P.jpg

Will a real Chengdy F-7P be included with Pak-India campaign?

Edited by Stratos

That's because it USES the 21F-13 lod; the only one available. We looked at the other J/F-7s that was released a year or so ago, but the model is utter crap (horrible mapping and just awful), so chose to stick with the slightly innaccuate physical model.

The pitot could be removed via data ini edits, but then we'd need a 3D guy to create a new one, and place it via the fake pilot method.

Until someone builds a 100% accurate model .. you get what there is. BTW, there's a decal that covers that aft window you're missing.

wrench

kevin stein

Thx for info, hope a 3d modeller can work on this one

What if you alpha-channelled out the existing pitot? Just thinking aloud here... Don't know if that works with SF.

you can delte it via ini edit ;-)

You've got me there... I was going to hack the LOD and substitute .tga for .bmp, and take it from there. I've got no idea at all what you're looking at doing!

For everyone's information, hacking a LOD to change a name of a bmp, or a bmp to a TGA does not do anything for you in terms of making parts disappear. Worse, anything that uses that particular bmp/tga will be affected too. In other words, say you change the reference to a TGA file and make the pitot disappear. Any other mesh that used that bmp will now disappear too.

LOD hacking is not recommend unless you REALLY know what the hell you are doing and what the consequences are.

FC

OK, so the technology transfer approach doesn't work... I've done the opposite with the L-39, which as issued is with tga textures.

Edit - No, you're right. Just tried it out, and the aircraft still appeared normally. I converted the bmp to tga, added an alpha channel, etc, etc, hacked the LOD, and... waste of time. Bugger. It works in another series of dims I know...

Edited by ndicki