Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Fellas, Life Is Good Ya Know...

...ya gotta look at the good things. Was driving to church today, enjoying the scenary. Been green after all the rains lately and the sun was out, not a cloud in a cobalt blue sky. Had to chuckle when a thought occured to me...

On the exercise front, been eating half what I normally do and biking, hiking, lifting wieghts 6 days a week, (not all at once), an hour a day. Lost 45 pounds since last May. Have to start buyin new pants, my old ones keep fallin down and embarrassing me. Why an attractive woman at work even said I was "lookin' goood." B)

Me old confidence has been starting to reassert itself, so finally screwed up enough courage to asked this drop dead gorgeous woman at church, in my own screwed up stumbling dorky, (yet lovable and endearing), way if she would like to have coffee with me this afternoon and she said yes... had a great hour chatting with her. Gonna go for a hike in the hills soon and maybe a movie. Can you beleive that??!!?? Me with a living doll. Dangme Im JAZZED! (So the moral to this story is, dont spend ALL day in front of the computer, eat yur veggies, exercise, and quit pickin yur nose and you too might be asking a babe out someday. :D )

Then I took an IQ test a little while back that in a big surprise to me, said I wasnt a complete idiot. Took another that confirmed it. Matter of fact, I was downright pleased. So this morning while driving, the thought came to me and made me laugh...Jeff, you aint as fat, dumb, and ugly as you thought you were...

...life is good boys. :)

Yep, I finally decided to do something other than spend WAY too much time on the computer.

Joined a athletic club a couple days ago. I turned 50, and feel 70. Gotta get back into better shape, or won't see 70.

NC.

50!!! geez Chief you're an old man :D why I turned 21 again last year B) ..maybe a Marine thing(Air Force women!!)keeps you young..and PC way to go with seeing life isn't so bad,always a bright side if you just look hard enough.

Of course life is good, PC Pilot...

;) Life is the supreme gift we have, and it is a lady that brings her good tidings and favors to all and each of us, without any discrimination.

:huh: I am very glad you feel happy. And all of us should make a point to feel happy more often. It is not difficult--it is just turning a botton in our mind to the "optimist" position, with a simple finger movement. That is all it takes, believe me. Try it, and try it every day. :unsure: ;)

Edited by Jinks

I lost 10 pounds and 3% body fat so far in the last 2 weeks. A friend came into town this weekend and we partied, but I'm trying hard not to undo all that hard work. Way to go PC. Keep us updated.

Last year I drunk to much in the bar. I was 28 and felt next days as 70 years old. I still drinking, but not so much anymore.

The summer is coming, so I can kick around on mine autoped (in Enlish is it scooter I think). Watching all the ladies on their rollerblades or biking.

Than I go to them stay behind and kicking after a nice sporting babe. :D

That is what sports making intresting.

And yeah, Life is nice and beautifull.

Salute

Dutchy

Feel very close to all of you guys.

At 57, I am probably older than most of you.

;) The secret: Top priority is your health.

:rolleyes: The secrets within the secret: Do not drink more than 2 bottles of wine per month (with dinner), be optimistic, and keep busy with what you really like doing. Never do what your soul and mind disagree with. There is only one I, so take good care of it.

That is my advice. We would hate to lose such good guys to petty, non-worthy enemies such as drinking and depression. Leave those charming traps to the idiots, as the less we have of idiots the better it is for the planet.

Cheers babies

Nick :huh:

Life's too short to be unhappy. You can find good in even the toughest times, you just got to learn to LOOK for it. You know one thing thats pretty neat, it doesnt matter how old you are. If you start exercising, your body has an amazing recuperative ability. God really knew what he was doing. It applies to other things as well. Being an old cowboy, I used to chew Copenhagen all the time, a can a day for 22 years. I started having bad problems with my gums and teeth. I was told I had pre-cancer even. Well once I quit, (I got real good at quitting, I did it a LOT), and given some time and care, about 3 years, I went back to the dentist for a routine cleaning and cancer screening. She told me I had the gums of a teenager! Now occasionally, I have a non tobbacco mint chew or herbal chew just to enjoy.

I quit drinking hard, though still occasionally enjoy a beer or a shot. All my back and knee problems havent went away but they have SERIOUSLY moderated. I had a heart arythmia that has almost disappeared. Ive even learned to quit worrying like I used to about things. I had worked myself into panic attacks from all the stress about 10 years ago. They are GONE! Have been for about 5 years now. I just trust the Lord and grin and laugh a whole lot more, mostly at myself, (God knows I got plenty to laugh at there... ) :rolleyes:

Ya dont hafta kill yourself exercising. I started out a 30 minute walk a day 5 days a week. I'd walk a mile and a half, seems far but it isnt. I got to really enjoying it. It was a good time to think without interuption, to get some sun and fresh air. I actually looked forward to it. I often had good memories come to mind while walking. One of them was about my bike I had as a kid. So Then I decided I wanted to start bicycling again. So I bought a mountain bike and would ride it every other day a couple miles. Then I started lifting wieghts again a couple days a week.

Now my exercise has evolved to where its 6 days a week an hour a day, biking every day, lifting wieghts 3 days a week, and walking or mountin hiking on Sunday. I'll often drive to the country and take a hike thru the hills with my dog and occasionally a freind. I still eat the foods I always ate, just not so much. I keep tabs on my wieght with a good digital scale, I count calories, even if only in my mind as the day progresses. I dont kill myself if I eat too much one day like if I go to a party at a freinds'; tommorrow is another day. Ive come to enjoy getting out and exercising. Im glad I can do it. God has really blessed my efforts. :)

Whats intersting is how my workouts have evolved. As I came up with a better way of doing things, or if I got bored or just needed a break, or if say, my shoulder started getting sore, Id modify the workout. I dont do the same thing day after day because it would get boring and too much like a routine. I keep it interesting. And one day a week, I rest so I dont exhaust myself. Nearly did that once or twice. One time I worked out for 2 months without a day off, almost passed out at work from exhaustion. So I keep the Sabbath and rest, simple as that! Also, having back problems, I had to be careful with my back, so a lot of my lifting is from a bench lying flat. I do a lot of leg-lifts and bench presses, with pullups and pushups thrown in.

Ive seen how it doesnt matter if you are disabled in some way. You can still do SOMETHING. Unless you are a complete paraplegic, you can still do arm exercises, or even do like the wheelchair guys who race. Ask them what they do to stay fit. They are a great example of perserverance. Some of those guys are AWESOME! If I got into a fight with one of those guys, I'd hate to get close enough for him to grab ahold of me... :blink:

You have to be patient. I did this over time. Ive been exercising since last May, but the chewing and drinking Ive finally been free of the last 7 years. Its all in the attitude. Dont look at it like work or like something youve GOT to do. Look at it likes its something you WANT to do, something you enjoy. Theres nothing like taking a walk in a park or the hills out of town. Ive often found myself smiling and thanking God...

FORTITUDE: The COURAGE to PERSIST, the STRENGTH to ENDURE. This is what our grandparents had. Its what made this country great. Its an AMERICAN VALUE. Its something I am building...

Never do what your soul and mind disagree with.

Wise advice to be sure. That little voice inside your heart, that annoying little voice that seems to always be saying dont do that...doesnt hurt to listen once in awhile...and funny thing is, my life is still fun. ;)

And for anyone at the Citadel, 11 days and a wake-up till the break. Been over ten weeks since I last saw my family.