Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Ex-nhl Player In Dutch Compentition

Hello,

I know their here. Ice-hockey players and fans.

Question for you guys. In the Dutch compentition is an ex-NHL player.

Jason Lafrniere he is playing now by Trappers Tilburg. Does somebody heard of him and did somebody seen him play (live or tv)? I saw him last week two times playing. One time better than the other time. He is not in the team that I support.

Salute

Dutchy

Nope, don't know who he is. How old is he? If he's young, he might be a prospect that played a bit in the NHL, and went over to Europe.

Hmm, I could've seen him play when he was with the K-wings in the IHL in 96/97. I used to go to the Orlando Solar Bear's (IHL) games back then.

Saddly the IHL was shut down, and some of the teams got absorbed by the AHL. (Solar Bears not included) Get this the solar Bears one a championship for Orlando within like 2 years of existence, something the Orlando Magic have failed to do in Basketball, and they spend MILLIONS!!!

Some big name players came out of the IHL too. A Sergei Samsanov comes to mind, he used to play for the Detroit Vipers when he was like 17, then got drafted by the big boys, and is tearing it up for the Bruins in Beantown.

Edited by snapple2993

Oh man I loved the IHL, Kansas City Blades games were so much fun!