Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

Startrek Online Friday Images

Is that shot in space, under surface ocean, or deep inside planet liquid core? :grin: I do see a few stars in one nice looking shot near the bottom right. Ships look great though. I love the ST universe, just not that visual implementation of it here. I guess you can turn it off or better; reduce it alot, and turn on the stars.

One thing I credit Old Star Wars movie, and the old Star Trek series, for is the black starry starfields without the post-modern "computer game" overcooked nebula theme.

Is that shot in space, under surface ocean, or deep inside planet liquid core? :grin: I do see a few stars in one nice looking shot near the bottom right. Ships look great though. I love the ST universe, just not that visual implementation of it here. I guess you can turn it off or better; reduce it alot, and turn on the stars.

One thing I credit Old Star Wars movie, and the old Star Trek series, for is the black starry starfields without the post-modern "computer game" overcooked nebula theme.

Yeah, it is space it looks like an nebula!

It's sort of funny to credit them for something that was nigh-on impossible for them to do given the technical abilities of the times.

However, there's one good rule of thumb...if your shot consists of only 1 ship there's a larger chance of a nebula of some sort being in the frame to help break up the monotony. If there's a larger number of ships, the chances of there being a simple starfield go up with each extra ship added.