Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

Merge install question

I just d/led SF2I few mins ago and didn't install it yet until I check you guys about something. Is it safe now to merge SF2I into my SF2/SF2V/SF2E install since TK patched SF2I?

I know that I don't need to get the patch since TK updates the full game to patch standard. I'm just double checking that's all.

Falcon

I would recomend a seperate install for now. Or like I did 2 merged installs one with SF2+SF2V+SF2E and one unmodded with them all. It use some HD space but I can still mod in the 3 others without SF2I porking my mods

It seems I need to get the patch. The date on the main screen says OCT 2009, not OCT 2009B (I assume).

Falcon

I have mine all merged. SF2+SF2V+SF2E+SF2I

I also have a separate SF2E for NF4+

main mod folder is SF2 with a lot of planes and some campaigns flying as reds.

SF2V mod folder has the vietnam all in one mod. (uses the merged SF2V.exe)

SF2E mod folder has SF2E (uses the standalone SF2E.exe)

I haven't encountered any problems so far having SF2I + all merged at oct2009B with NF4+.

there are a few bugs with specific, third-party add on aircraft.

huds, for example, need to be modified. And some other issues being worked out.

for most of the stuff, no problems and certainly none if you are running just the TW stock stuff.

I got third party aircraft in my merged install that's why I asked. Thx for the info.

Falcon

I got third party aircraft in my merged install that's why I asked. Thx for the info.

Falcon

me too. Some have had "issues" and a couple of us have been comparing notes and devising fixes and workarounds. Dave is planning on putting up a tutorial once all the threads have been figured out.

The Hud fix has already been posted.

it will be a matter of going through one by one and fixing the individual aircraft affected.

for now, I'd recommend keeping NATO Fighters 4 as a separate install, but unless you are into modding and such or want to keep a "clean" scenario for some reason, the merged works just fine.