Sign in to follow this  
ravenclaw_007

SF2I and merged install changes in asymmetrical Dropt tank set up

with the new SF2I and the new Weapon- and Guneditor there is a change in the Weapon- and Gundata one of it is the set up of the asymmetrical Dropt tank like we have it on the F-104 , here a example based on the TANK_170F104_GAF72

the standart SF2 setup was two folders one for the left and one for the right drop tank

TANK_170F104_GAF72

- TANK_170F104_GAF72.ini

- TANK_170F104_GAF72_data.ini

- TANK_170F104_GAF72.lod

- TANK_170F104_GAF72.bmp

and

TANK_170F104R_GAF72

- TANK_170F104R_GAF72.lod

- TANK_170F104R_GAF72.bmp

the SF2I and merged setup is now only one folder like we had before in SF1 including both lod´s and bmp for the left and right tank

TANK_170F104_GAF72

- TANK_170F104_GAF72.ini

- TANK_170F104_GAF72.lod

- TANK_170F104_GAF72.bmp

- TANK_170F104R_GAF72.lod

- TANK_170F104R_GAF72.bmp

Edited by ravenclaw_007

I'm honestly surprised there is a LOD for the tanks. Now that the fuel tanks can be incorporated into the model, there should be no reason to have separate LODs...or even a call out for different tanks. In fact, for the F-5B, the call out for the wingtip tanks is the same one for either side, even though the actual LOD for the tanks are mirror images incorporated into the F-5B model.

FC

I'm honestly surprised there is a LOD for the tanks. Now that the fuel tanks can be incorporated into the model, there should be no reason to have separate LODs...or even a call out for different tanks. In fact, for the F-5B, the call out for the wingtip tanks is the same one for either side, even though the actual LOD for the tanks are mirror images incorporated into the F-5B model.

FC

this are the TW one´s i found in the objectdata001

- TANK170L_F104

- TANK170R_F104

- TANK_B57L

- TANK_B57R

and we still have some 3rd party aircraft with asymmetrical Dropt tank´s for example Tank360_f102_57 and Tank360_f102_57R

ravenclaw_007

Well, for 3rd party, I can understand because they haven't been made to SF2 standards.

But for stock aircraft? I guess I don't see the point. If all your stock aircraft have built in drop tanks, I wouldn't have any separate external drop tank LODs, and I'd get rid of any asymetrical references...makes life easier.

Not doubting what you are saying, just surprised it still is done that way.

FC

But what happens when drop tanks fall off a model with built in tanks?