Sign in to follow this  
greyhawk

Basic Questions on SF2:E

A couple of questions:

1) I noticed in the strikefighter2Europe/objects/aircraft there are a ton of aircraft there that when I start the game cannot locate. Can someone tell me where they are or what i need to do to get them?

2) I have gone to CombatAce and wanted to download the F-16 so i downloaded it to the same folder above and added the config file with the info. supplied but dont know what it means when it says to replace the xx with the next number.

Can anyone help.

Edited by Wrench
changed header: SF2:E and WoE is 2 different things!

Hello

1. Do you mean the non flyable jets that cant be selected in game?

2. Which config file?

Normally it means change the numbers - they have to be in sequence:

[223]

[224]

etc

This needs to come out of the KB btw!!

Edited by MigBuster

Moved to a more appropriate Forum

PLEASE do NOT post in the Knowledge BAse ... it's for anwers. Questions go here, in the regular Forums. Thank You!! :grin:

-------------

to asnwer #1:

those are considered "AI" (compter controled) aircraft. Most likely, as you didn't name them, they're the Red Air Birds ™ (meaning MiGs and Sukhoi and the bombers, for both sides)

They need to be given a cockpit; that means a new cockpit folder, and the associated inis (what you called configs) for the cockpit, avionics where needed and what ever else they require to bring them up the Player Usable Status ™.

There's a thread in the KB called "Making AI Planes Flyable" ... it makes for interetering reading.

btw, all the MiGs are covered by cockpit mods in the downloads section. Now, the 21s are NOT SF2 specific; they were made for the Classic Series (hereinafter to be known as "TOS"), but work super well in the SF2 (hereinafter known as "NextGen") Look for Ordway's MiG Pits for the 17 and 19; there should be SF2 specific d/ls for them as well.

As to adding Mods to NextGens, you're gonna have to read through MigBusters threads in the SF2 sections of the KB

MUCH faster than rewriting here

wrench

kevin stein