Sign in to follow this  
DWCAce

Aviation Nation 2009 @ Nellis AFB

I'm headed out this Friday, didn't know if anyone is stationed/ lives in the area or plans on attending.

PM if you want to meet up at the show!

Edited by DWCAce

I think you need to add a "I wish" button to this poll.

Nellis would ROCK.

I think you need to add a "I wish" button to this poll.

Nellis would ROCK.

Done!

I have to go with I wish cuz I just don't have the money to go.....

Heading out west in a few hours. I'll try to give some reports if I've got internet access.

Got back last night. I'm windburned, sunburned, and wallet burned, and I want to go again! I killed a fully charged battery in the camera (for some stupid reason I only took one), and took 2,063 pics (no guarantee on the quality) which is about 10+ GIGS. They'l slowly be making their way online.

clapping.gifneedpics.gif:biggrin:

I wholeheartedly agree!!! I'm currently uploading the last of the pics (undedited & unsorted) to photobucket now, just to make sure they are backed up (it's taken like three days!). I've started sorting them a little bit, but don't worry, I will post some!

sounds good! I know how hard it can be to sort through that many pictures, so no rush. I'm looking forward to some great pics, though!

Some nice stuff on Youtube too. Pity that Ralph "Sheik" Aarts couldn't bring his Orange Lion Viper, it's stunning.

Had to use a 306 Sq. F16 from Springfield/Ohio instead.

Nice atmosphere. We used to have "American" airshows over here with the Ramstein Open Day and at Chievres, with American ice cream being flown in and barbecues and all other sorts of nice US stuff (and of course a lot of USAF and USAFE participants) .Those were the days.......drinks.gif

Rather scarce nowadays, except 2 years ago at Leeuwarden when we had the West Coast F15E demo (with comment from a Dutch speaking American!) and of course the Blue Angels, fantastic !!!!

Hou doe,

Derk

Last night I was able to upload some of my top pics from the Saturday show onto my facebook album. I'll be getting them posted here soon.