Sign in to follow this  
Redkite

Dissapointing fps on my am2

That PSU comes in about 4 different variations (see here: http://www.hardwares...com/article/550 )

The good news is it probably does have the required 6pin connector. The not-so-good news is I'd hazard a guess you're cutting it a bit close in terms of reasonable (and safe) maximum power overhead. I'm sure it would work, but an upgrade to something closer to the 600w range is probably advisable.

Cheers,

Parky

Parky,

Good advice here. I've found that it also pays to explore who actually makes the PSU. Many "brand name manufacturers" like Corsair, OCZ, Antec, etc. buy their PSUs from private label ODMs like Seasonic, Channel Well (CWT), Topower, and others: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/370 Many of these manufacturers make excellent products, and you can buy directly (e.g.; Newegg.com) at a decent discount below the price of a brand name.

Good point, and definitely worth the time it takes to investigate when it may just save you a few bucks.

I keep forgetting that not everyone in here is independently wealthy like you and I are.

Yeah.....we wish.

Thanks Mate,

Parky

Here some old remarks about PSU and quality: http://www.legitrevi.../article/372/1/

And Yes your right, but I could not find the article about the Corsair PSU are made by Seasonic or CWT, it was a testing on the HV and TX serie. 

Same you will see on TV/audio/mobile phones, now a days, only a few Chinese suppliers are making them, but all these products are leaving the same factory, branded as Philips, Pioneer, Grundig or what ever, sometimes only the casing is different. 

Edited by Dutch_P47M

Put in a gts250 1gb card which has improved graphics considerably. Been playing around with various settings, sliders are currently 43433 with ground object density high, shadows off and all recomended offs in the config file. Frame rate restricted to 30 and am getting pretty well near to that nearly all the time so quite happy. Haven't embarked on a campaign yet will probably wait till I get my free track made and running. I find the hat switch clumsy to use and spend a lot of flight time wondering where the intended victim is, don't use the targeting aids.

This is the best flight sim I have ever had, does anyone else remember the sims with the flat triangular wafer thin clouds, perhaps I am thinking of flying corp, not sure as I haven't been able to run that for a long time under xp.

Now running 53455, no hit on the fps, however I am not able to raise terrain above 3 without graphic problems. If I do, the land in the distance breaks up and flows about for want of a better description but I am more than happy with the setup now.