Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OFF Screenshots Video

Hi

Here is my very first attempt at making a video with Windows Movie Maker

It's a bit ropey in places, but I guess you have to start somewhere!

I hope I have put enough credits to OBD...But if the Devs are unhappy about any of it, I will happily edit it, so please let me know?

Here it is..I hope you like it

Greetings old chap,

One does like the way you have done the olde worlde filming on there...

Seriously though I do like some of those skins...

Simon, that looks just great. May I suggest that you made one small mistake? You didn't take the Sopwith Tripe up that you made for me and include it. Seriously, I love the style and some very beautiful screen shots. Poster qualitydrinks.gif

Thanks Chaps!...Ras, you're absolutely correct!..I missed it out by Accident!...Rest assured, it will take pride of place in Ver.2.0 :good:

Von Paulus

The day I get my Snipe, it will be the full Hour presentation, with a break half way through, and Ice Cream!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Widow,I enjoyed that. You are giving me inspiration. I don't yet know if that's a good thing.

Nice shots Widow and you're skinning fits right in

Can't telll where the OFF skins end and yours start

My favorite in the Night shot of the Camel overflying the doomed Zepplin

Its good UKW. Like some of the filters etc.

It's not a criticism, but an option for the future, especially if you want to work with moving images. If you open Virtualdub, in the pull down menu, go to 'video', then 'filters'.

A sub menu opens up, and you want to press 'add...'

In the next list of filters, add in 'Null Transform'.

Come out of the list, back to the 'add...' level, and you'll notice a new 'cropping option'.

When you press cropping, you can crop and play about with your image. This means for static images, but more fun with video, your own plane doesn't have to be nailed centre screen all the time. You can offset it, and get more varied composition.

Be warned, your cropping doesn't maintain the height to width ratio, so you can leave your image distorted until you've had some practice.

There are better plug in filters for cropping which do hold the ratio, but Null Transform is there as a default.

Virtualdub is an excellent tool.

FlyPC...Thank you very much...Great tip there!..I remember downloading Virtualdub..and then promptly forgetting about it!..I shall re-visit.

Good fun making vids...I am a long way off making a decent aerial one with Fraps...but perhaps one day, I will get that right too.

Just a case of finding good music as well...whilst I appreciate the 'classics' as regards to Immersion of the era..I personally don't much like classical music..so it's trying to get a balance I guess.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated :drinks::good: