Sign in to follow this  
Wels

Question to, or proposal for the devs

Hello,

i know the devs are currently in full swing to get the add-on ready, so i know it will take some time for any airship, if at all.

So since i know nothing about the underlying CFS3 sim it is only a question ..

If there would be an airship in OFF, be it a british SS type submarine scout blimp, or a Zepp., would it be possible to use any control feature of CFS3 for statical control of an airship in the sim ? Maybe with one of the trim commands ?

This was only a rough idea, but since all airships in simulators can only be flown dynamically (at least that i know off, like CFS2, and FS9, or FSX) , would it be possible at all to insert a control for rising, or sinking without the airship moving over ground ? - To simulate the dropping of ballast (sand/water) for rising, or venting gas to sink. An airship can certainly use dynamical lift by raising the nose while in motion, but do you think it could be made work statically, in the sim ?

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

P.S. If you ever need a plan for a certain airship, or any details, colours whatever to model 3-d wise, i would be glad to help you.

Edited by Wels

Sooner or later, they'll have to do one, to make WW1 air combat complete.

But my instinkt says, they would prefer to first get all the aeroplanes done.

Your idea with the trim functions might work - there should be a way to rise or sink

even without moving over ground.

Maybe Catfish, too many things to do. Currently CFS3 treats it like an aircraft so no idea how or if could be a special FM, or possibly changed. We would only know if/when we looked at making a Zep - when I don't know. At the time we made the Phase 1 Zep FM we couldn't do much better than it had.

Hello,

thanks Pol for answering - i know it's not high on the priority list, and it was just a question. The existing Zeppelin and the FM is "not too bad" at all (to use the australian term of adoring something grin.gif ), i was just thinking about some static vertical control at all in OFF.

I once found a tool for fumbling with FS 2004's (=FS9) flight model, but i guess you already know this (?)

This "Air wrench" works for CFS2, CFS3, FS2002, FS2004, and FSX or so they say here:

http://www.mudpond.org/

And ... is there a chance that Greg Law's L30 airship could be included officially in OFF, at some time ? It would be nice to have it included, there were not too much german airship bases in the West, so at least the german Zepp.'s routes and flights could probably be included at the correct times. No need for actually steering them, let them fly high, per AI.

Well, just some brainstorming ... drinks.gif

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

Hello Olham, you wrote:

" ... Sooner or later, they'll have to do one, to make WW1 air combat complete.

But my instinkt says, they would prefer to first get all the aeroplanes done. ..."

Yes, understood. And it will take much more time, or modeling, to get a whole zepp historically correct. Salute.gif

But (lol) we get already the Fokker E.V/D.VIII in the add-on, and there were only 85 or so of those delivered to the front. And there were 100+ german airships alone, if you add army, and naval ones !!

grin.gif

N' schoenen Abend noch nach Berlin,

Kai

im doingthebest i can on the multi engine stuff even if there ai may get suck to make the spawn files for them

Hello,

thanks Pol for answering - i know it's not high on the priority list, and it was just a question. The existing Zeppelin and the FM is "not too bad" at all (to use the australian term of adoring something grin.gif ), i was just thinking about some static vertical control at all in OFF.

I once found a tool for fumbling with FS 2004's (=FS9) flight model, but i guess you already know this (?)

This "Air wrench" works for CFS2, CFS3, FS2002, FS2004, and FSX or so they say here:

http://www.mudpond.org/

And ... is there a chance that Greg Law's L30 airship could be included officially in OFF, at some time ? It would be nice to have it included, there were not too much german airship bases in the West, so at least the german Zepp.'s routes and flights could probably be included at the correct times. No need for actually steering them, let them fly high, per AI.

Well, just some brainstorming ... drinks.gif

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

No problem.

Yes we know of AirWrench extremely well - the WW1 components Jerry made specially for us.

The airship belongs to Greg and we couldn't include it and that's that.

Remember we just have two modellers (who work on other things). Every person here has a favourite craft, and they all ask for theirs.