Sign in to follow this  
Bullethead

Bristol M1c Progress

Thanks to lots of help, especially from Stumpy and Hairyspin, I'm making slow but reasonably sure progress on my 1st model, as time permits. The airframe is now pretty much complete except for bracing wires, which I haven't yet decided how best to do. I've even built a Vickers in a separate file, which I've been able to add to the plane and it even came out at the right scale cool.gif , although it still needs the butt pad and the ammo belt chutes. While I'm cogitating over the bracing wires, I'm going to start on the engine, prop, and spinner.

Anyway, I thought I'd post this up to show all those who have helped me that they're not completely wasting their time answering my questions. Something IS slowly being hammered together at Bullethead Aerospace Development, where our motto is, "We only make BAD airplanes." lol.gif It's still months from completion, but the more I do, the more I enjoy it, so the more likely it is that it will eventually fly after a fashion.

Thanks again for the help drinks.gif

looking great btw youhave email a lil gift to help you along

DAMN!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! good.gifclapping.gifdrinks.gif

Well, that certainly will speed things up. I need to learn how to do that myself someday, but I'm not complaining now grin.gif . But that means I have less time to think about bracing wires.....

How do you make them, just a very skinny 3-sided cylinder? Or perhaps a 2-sided flat poly with alpha-mapped texture? If you made them 3D, is it OK to color them in Gmax, or do they actually have to be textured?

Bullet that looks fantastic mate, if only i could do it..... i will keep at it and one day maybe i will get to your and the rest of the modlers standard.Can't wait to see her finished.

Bullet that looks fantastic mate, if only i could do it.....

While I appreciate your comments, this plane is a piece of crap. It will never be worthy even of licking up the oil dripped below anybody else's plane. It's "BAD-ly Made", as it will someday proudly display on a label in its half-ass excuse for a virtual cockpit (which is all it will ever have, assuming I get even that far).

All that is to say, I'm 100% sure you can make something better even on your 1st attempt. Remember, I've never done this before and I'm deliberately cutting an obscene amount of corners, not caring about how it turns out as long as I learn the process. I'll make something good later, once I know how, if I have the time and patience. So, I say, get on it. There are plenty of friendly experts here who'll pick you up when you stub your toe.

Nice one Bullethead. Pretty darn good for a first pop if you ask me. One tip on the tires to get them to look smoother for example you can select edit mesh on it, click on poly in that, and select all the polys for the tire and then much further down on the right hand menus click on auto smooth.

Nice one Bullethead. Pretty darn good for a first pop if you ask me. One tip on the tires to get them to look smoother for example you can select edit mesh on it, click on poly in that, and select all the polys for the tire and then much further down on the right hand menus click on auto smooth.

Thanks for the encouragement and the tips.

I think I've learned about as much from this pig of a Bristol as I want to for something I'm really not really that interested in anyway (especially considering it was only used in Macedonia and other such outremer places). So I'm moving on to something a bit more complex and closer to home, and will try to do better. Being a wuss, I'll try another monoplane. Anybody ever heard of the MS Type AI?

Guest British_eh

I am truly impressed BH. I too look to try my hand at it. I have all the info that you alluded to, and have to get busy with some simple stuff.

Cheers,

British_eh