Sign in to follow this  
stumpjumper

may not be historical but hey it looks good

never foudn any info at all about ww1 german torpedo carryign ac but deifntly looks like it belongs

post-24208-12581457434267.jpg

Looks good stump, i wouldn't want to be in a row boat when fritz turns up with that sausage....

Hello,

Stumpy, this looks really good - ! cool.gif

I have a pdf about the german "Torpedo-Versuchsanstalt" (hmm "Torpedo-trial institute" ?? i guess "asylum" was not the right translation lolol), can send it to you if you give me a pm with email. Also some photos in there, not intended to criticize the screenshot above !

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

never foudn any info at all about ww1 german torpedo carryign ac but deifntly looks like it belongs

Hey, makes sense to me grin.gif .

As to German torpedo planes, I know there was a I Torpedoflugzeugstaffel based at Windau in the Baltic in 1917. It was equipped with Gotha WD 11s. They had 5 such planes and 10 torpedoes available in total for Operation Albion. The planes had naval numbers 1372, 1374, 1376, 1377, and 1378. On 8 October, all 5 planes attacked a couple of Russian minesweepers anchored off Zerel. 3 torps malfunctioned and the other 2 were near misses. Because this used 1/2 the available aerial torps, the unit spent the rest of the operation dropping bombs, saving the torps for higher-value units targets that never appeared in a suitable place to attack.

-Source: Battle for the Baltic Islands 1917, by Gary Staff

The two german torpedo bombers I know about are the Albatros w.5 and the Hansa-Brandenburg GDW... damn hard finding a pictures or info on either of them though.

As for the RNAS there was the Sopwith Cuckoo (which would be a cool addition to the game!) although it entered service just to late, would be nice to fly the 1916 prototype!

Sopwith_Cuckoo.jpg

Anyone have any reference shots of the Albatros or Hansa?

Edited by Stiffy

By the way the plane looks fantastic. For those who dont know it is an AEG G4

aeg_g-4-s.gif

Just looked up some more german torpedo planes... Gotha WD.14 WD.20 and WD. 22

I'll find a picture of one with a torpedo fitted if it kills me!

All you need now is a Ship to use it on!

(actually, an OFF Aircraft Carrier would be neat!)

And then there was the Admiralty AD 1000 Seaplane which carried a torpedo.

By the way the plane looks fantastic. For those who dont know it is an AEG G4

aeg_g-4-s.gif

Just looked up some more german torpedo planes... Gotha WD.14 WD.20 and WD. 22

I'll find a picture of one with a torpedo fitted if it kills me!

THX STIFFY

Guest British_eh

Great job Stumper.

UK - I did send the P2 Aircraft carrier to Capt. Winters, with the hope that as he did the repaint from Eagle to HMS Furious, that he may sort out the Carrier for P3. That was in August, and so not hearing from him, it looks like it's dead in the water, so to speak.

Cheers,

British_eh