Sign in to follow this  
Guest British_eh

OT The Battle of Britain

Guest British_eh

I happened to have the telly on, and there it was, "The Battle of Britain". It has been a while, so I tuned in for a bit. What a brilliant cast!

It certainly reminded my of the book I have just finished, "Fighter Boys", by Patrick Bishop. The book invades your vision of reality, with plenty of facts, and a dose of character build up, for all those poor sods................never have so few given so much for so many..........

Cheers,

British_eh

Yes, it is wonderful. I purchased a copy a few years back so I could have my fix anytime I wanted. I'm now revisiting the BBS production "Piece of Cake". I found a copy on DVD at a local flea market. I'm watching quite a bit of TV and video lately waiting for my computer components to come back from repair/replacement from the "Big Burnout of 2009!"

Hey, Winston - long time no see. Good you're around again!

A scene from a documentary, or did I only read it but imagined it so real:

A Hurricane or Spitfire comes in to the field swaying, touches down, rolls out, stands there

in the middle of the runway. Nothing happens.

The ground crew, running to help the obviously wounded pilot out, open the cockpit and find

a sleeping boy. He had just made it back and down, before total exhaustion charged it's rights.

That stands in my memory for what they did and what they gave to their country.

They kicked Hermann's fat *ss with their sheer willpower not to give up their country!

Well done, boys, indeed!

An amazing time in history

How many times has the fate of a country rested in the hands of so small a group?

Thermopylae comes to mind, where 300 Spartans, 700 Thespians, and 400 Thepans held off the entire Persian Army

Salute.gif to those brave pilots and their resolute defence of their island