Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

WEAPON EDITOR Latest Version od 2008 and Win XP Professional

Guest Eject

I have fresh-installed my WOE, from C I next moved it to Dir E my private Dir.

Before doing it I had DL from TW the required Update 0f Oct 2008b, I repeat, version b installed in WOE on C. Next, I copy-pasted from my previous backup files of Terrains, no problema except Vietnam, Taiwan, and Libya whose seas stll look strange, i.e., viewed from afar there are (I have discussed them with Wrench et al senior modders 1 or 2 months ago) simmering parts of the seas in those three Terrains. Namely, somewahat like jagged square lines, yet, when I got near it it the simering jagged squares gone and looked normal, only the jagged ones re-appear farther away.

I just found out that twice I tried in vain to activate the Weaponata Editor of the latest version, i.e., Oct. 08, in same machine in the Weapon sub-dir of Dir E. It refused to function, gave me to choices, among them Patch to Win Vista??? How come, I just installed my Win XP Prof that works quite OK.

It used to be hassle free to activate it. So, I just again DL-ed the WeaponEditor from here in the DL section.

Any help please? Thanks to all who take the times to reply and help me. C u all later. Regards to Mr. Cool Dave...

Forgive me for any inaccuracy, I'm writing this from memory as my main computer is en-route to Greenland:

For XP, make sure that you run the WeaponEditor executable in compatibility mode with Win98/NT, or else it won't open. In Vista, you have to drop it into your System (or System32, one of those two) folder for it to function (making a shortcut on the desktop helps to find it again.)

The game itself (i.e. patching to Oct2008b) won't change how the executable of your WeaponEditor works because it is not tied into the patch, nor the coding of the game. The above steps SHOULD fix the problem.

the other possibility is that in some systems (like mine) you have to run the editor from within the rar file.

In other words, zip the editor. Then execute the file from within the zipped file.

Guest Eject

the other possibility is that in some systems (like mine) you have to run the editor from within the rar file.

In other words, zip the editor. Then execute the file from within the zipped file.

Caesar and Typhoid, my sincere thanks to you. I shall give it a try, but first let me copy your replies.

Btw, as said, I previously DL-ed the Oct. 08 WOE Updte from TK, and (to may displesure) ALL my DLs went to FireFox main file under Program in C. As well, I previously Fresh-Installed the WOE (from my only CD) to C under Program, Having moved the Update file to WOE in Program under C, I next moved them in E. And, it played well, only the WeapEd does not work. Thanks again...

Guest Eject

Caesar and Typhoid, my sincere thanks to you. I shall give it a try, but first let me copy your replies.

Btw, as said, I previously DL-ed the Oct. 08 WOE Updte from TK, and (to may displesure) ALL my DLs went to FireFox main file under Program in C. As well, I previously Fresh-Installed the WOE (from my only CD) to C under Program, Having moved the Update file to WOE in Program under C, I next moved them in E. And, it played well, only the WeapEd does not work. Thanks again...

I did what Caesar advised, and to my surprise it workS well. Anyway, my sincere thanks to Typhoid's inputs. I love this community's assistance when new member like I am could get help ASAP like this. Thanks guys. My apology, too, for my previous 'picking' of terminolgy/words/phrases that turned out to be inappropreate for English-speaking people, mostly those whose mothers' tongue is English. I have not bee associated face-to-face with Americans/Brits/Ausis/Canadians nor people of NZ for 12 years now that my English got rusty..... So, do not hesitate to remind me when I wrote inappropreately. I am an open-minded guy.

Edited by Eject

Guest Eject

I did what Caesar advised, and to my surprise it worked well. Anyway, my sincere thanks to Typhoid's inputs. I love this community's assistance when new member like I am could get help ASAP like this. Thanks guys. My apology, too, for my previous 'picking' of terminology/words/phrases that turned out to be inappropriate for English-speaking people, mostly those whose mothers' tongue is English. I have not bee associated face-to-face with Americans/Brits/Ausis/Canadians nor people of NZ for 12 years now that my English got rusty..... So, do not hesitate to remind me when I wrote inappropriately. I am an open-minded guy.

Super! For anyone who has same issue, I had done the above gentlemen advise. But then, every time I wanna Weapedit my new weaps I was compelled to go to Dir C where the Win32 system is. Piece of cake man! After pasting the Weapon Editor/Gun Editor there, ASAP make SHORTCUTS of those two utilities.

Next, CUT them, and finally, PASTE them in WEAPON Folder under OBJECT. No sweat indeed. So, from now on we WeapEdit our new weapons/changed ones in the old same place..... This, u did not learn it in HARVARD U. ior in Georgetown U. in D.C. Ahh! Remember M-Street on Friday evenings.......No beer, just Coke, and DJARUM the Indonesian clove cigarette. And people started looking sternly at me. What the hell this guy's smoking?? Lots of pretty girls there. Thanks guys....

Edited by Eject