I have been tinkering with this QF-100D, and have received some great help in this project. I managed to get rid of the refueling probe (with a lot of help), got rid of the pilot but not the ejection seat, armament etc. As far as the cockpit goes, I am looking to eliminate the gunsight, as in the whole thing. The reflector plate, and other equipment and such. Once again, save for some extensive modification, is there a way to do this? This is the last question I have about this oddball bird. Any help would be appreciated.

Removing the gunsight pipper is just a simple text edit in the F-100D_Cockpit.ini. Look for this line:

HasGunsight=TRUE

and change it FALSE. Bingo! no pipper!

Removing the gunsight itself is gonna require the aforementioned hex editor, to find the correct node names in the cockpit LOD, and then edit the cockpit ini to "move" them out of sight (actaully dropping them to infinity). Originaly pioneered by ArmorDave, and greatly expanded upon by Lexx_Luthor.

wrench

kevin stein

EDIT: well, there's about 14-15 items that will need IDing and moving...give me a few days,and I can have a full new, drone cockpit ini for you. BTW, I'd leave the seat IN, as they are still hooman-controlable, and the dude needs to sit someplace!! LOL!!!

Edited by Wrench

Actually turned out to be 28 items!!!! Although 3 had to be 'turned back on', due to a major gap at the bottom of the windshield frame.

Is this what you're looking for D6A???

This open some REAL posibilities for repurposing the Hun's pit for single-engined, non radar equipped, non-missile carrying jets from the late 40s through the 60s ... with some easy repainting, the ini editings done....yes indeed!!!

I titled 1st shot "Ghost Plane" ... look ma, NO pilot!!

wrench

kevin stein

edit: I'd considered repainting the center sight seciton, and adding the lettering "Delco 8-Track" (as it kinda looks like one), but am pretty sure hardly anyone would get the joke

Edited by Wrench

Yes Wrench! That is exactly what I was looking for! In the model I made, I did leave the ejection seat in, as you stated, they were human flyable as well. As far as the 8-track, I get it. Thanks for all of your help on this project. I am kind of afraid to upload this beast, as my computer is riddled with malware and viruses and such. I'm surprised I can even get online. When I get a new computer, I will upload this project. Thanks again for everyone's help!

Get AdAware, do a deep scan

Get CCleaner, do a deep & full scan

Get AusLogics Disk defrag, run it a couple of times

Get a real good AV -there are some good free ones, and I"m sure someone will give us a list, and do SEVERAL sweeps.

I can still package up the cockpit and all the inis (data, loadout, etc), including the modded silver skin/decals ini (stripped down to just the serial numbers) and send it to you if you want

wrench

kevin stein

Sorry, no dice on the fixes. Computer won't even let me run any of these apps, time for some new equipment.

Slightly off topic, but most malware will not let you run most anti viral software once infected. It can get complicated real quick on how to rid your computer of the malware.

My opinion only, I've only had a computer infected once with any virus. I pretty much exercised the nuclear option on it and did a complete reformat and reinstall.

Others here smarter than me can help you with other options less than that.

FC

Edited by FastCargo

On, man that really sucks!!!

And I've got the whole package ready to go with the stock silver skin; all zipped up (but with no readme). WEll, sheeeit...if someone whips out the orange/camo drone skin, I can release this. I just don't have time to recreate that version.

Any takers??? Or I can just relase it "As Is" ™ after doing up a readme, and someone can reskin at their leisure

wrench

kevin stein

If you are looking for the "Drone" skin, there is one at Column5. By the way, I did a complete restore. Everything is gone. At least my computer works properly now. Getting the game back in the way I had it is really gonna suck. I have to reinstall zipdrives, installers, drivers, my stick (if I still have the disk) and such. I will undoubtedly have some questions for the community when I begin this undertaking...

CRAP!! I KNEW I'd seen the right skin somewhere...C5s is the only plance I didn't look!!

well, glad you're back up and running at least!

wrench

kevin stein

Sorry, no dice on the fixes. Computer won't even let me run any of these apps, time for some new equipment.

try spyware terminator from pc world fdl.might get ya by :salute: just a sugestion.-D-