Sign in to follow this  
Redkite

Friendly fire

Just flown a quick combat and when I landed at my airfield came under a lot of machine gun fire from the ground, Is this just a glitch with quick combat? I haven't embarked on a campaign yet as I am still getting to grips with flying and graphic settings.

In "Quick combat", friendly and enemy positions are much more mixed, it seems.

Enemy troops may move along the road of "your" airfield, and such.

The "real thing" is of course the campaign - there you won't see that.

Hi Redkite, welcome to OFFworld. With all my many hours I have never seen this, delibrate I mean. I doubt you will see it again. You may have been in the line of fire. These things happen in real life too.

Maybe the enemy just took your field while you were poodling around in the air- just adds to the spice.

I was definitely targetted, all enemy had been shot down and I was the only aircraft sitting in the middle of the airfield. No matter for QC but I would be offended if it happened in a campaign.

Point taken, I guess you shouldn't assume your home airfield is yours when you start in the air.

If it's CFS3 QC then all bets are off all fields and objects are enemy apart from your home field you took off from. Use OFF's QC you will have a better chance of finding friendly airfields on your side of the lines :) Even so there may be the occasional one that gets captured ;)