Sign in to follow this  
hoongadoonga

warping

As best I can tell, warp will not function if an enemy plane is within 8 miles of my craft. Is there a file that I can edit to reduce this value to 4 or 2 miles instead?

Actually it is more like 4 miles, you can usually warp right after the EA disappears off the of the 4 mile TAC.

Beard

Actually it is more like 4 miles, you can usually warp right after the EA disappears off the of the 4 mile TAC.

Beard

Thanks for the reply. However, that's not the results that I get. It will generally work as soon as they drop off the 8-mile TAC but sometimes I even have to wait a little longer. I generally fly German if that somehow matters, although I don't see why it would.

Thanks for the reply. However, that's not the results that I get. It will generally work as soon as they drop off the 8-mile TAC but sometimes I even have to wait a little longer. I generally fly German if that somehow matters, although I don't see why it would.

All objects accept aircraft appear at 8 miles on the TAC

Aircraft generally appear at 4 miles as Bogies (White)

...then turn red when within 2 miles

Warp is disabled if any (enemy) Bogies are present

Keep in mind, TAC only shows horizontal diatance

The actual 2 & 4 mile distances are spherical around your position

Thanks for the replies. Regardless of whether its 8 or 4 miles my question remains:

Is there anything that I can edit to reduce the range at which the presence of enemy planes results in the disabling of my ability to warp?

Warp is made that way, that it stops short before the enemy craft appear visible as white specs on TAC.

If it would stop later, perhaps, when enemy craft appeared as red specs, it would throw you into the

situation of an engagement, cause the enemy pilots also recognise you now, and engage.

So, warp still exits you early enough to get around a fight, if you prefer that.

Or early enough to allow you to check the situation, and climb, while you do. Why change that?

Warp is made that way, that it stops short before the enemy craft appear visible as white specs on TAC.

If it would stop later, perhaps, when enemy craft appeared as red specs, it would throw you into the

situation of an engagement, cause the enemy pilots also recognise you now, and engage.

So, warp still exits you early enough to get around a fight, if you prefer that.

Or early enough to allow you to check the situation, and climb, while you do. Why change that?

It seems that I'm often unable to warp because of a flight several miles away that is flying parallel to my path or crossing well behind me. I'll never engage them, they just stop my warping.

I'm not at true simmer - usually, though not always, I'd rather skip through the travelling from waypoint to waypoint and get to the actual dogfights. My method is to use the TAC as my eyes but I display only a one-mile range. I want to engage only those flights that I happen to stumble upon. If they are farther away than that I don't even want to be aware of their presence.

My preference would be to warp until an enemy plane got within two miles. I understand if it can't be changed - just curious. Thanks for the input.