Sign in to follow this  
rafvr

Windows 7 - 64 bit compatibility with OFF

I have just installed W7 - 64bit and added OFF but I can`t get past the opening screen

Whatever I choose following the click on "Field", I get the "switch on voice" followed by

engine sound but nothing else.

Has anyone run OFF successfully on W7-64 ??

Thanks

George

errr..only answer i can say is yes lol...havnt had any problem with win 7 and off at all,ran straight from the start with no problems

hope ya get round it or someone else can help...my answer must pretty much suck huh lol

xx V xx

just ran a re-install and am now able to get to the "field". Stioll have a problem but this time with sound or rather the lack of it.

When flying in chase or spot - no engines or gunfire sounds. guess I`ll keep `fiddling around` for now

George

Try setting cfs3.exe to run in XP SP3 compatibility mode. Right click on it, properties, in there.

Check you have configured the sliders too properly via cfsconfig (Graphics config in Workshop) see FAQ near top.

As my joystick doesn't work properly I thought I would fly the bicycle in QC. It gets to 'initializing WWI' screen and then exits to the QC screen. I tried this is XP SP3 compatability mode and normal.

Now I'll try the Model T ......

In fact it crashes back to the QC screen no matter what aircraft, bicycle or car I select.

I'm off back to XP pro 32 bit on my other drive.

Edited by JimAttrill

I tried this is XP SP3 compatability mode and normal.

... and "Run as Administrator" ticked in both OFFmanager.exe and cfs3.exe?