Sign in to follow this  
Morris

Silent Hunter 5 info

Hello,

oops and i thought i'd be the only one who has a faible for those steel coffins. The engine and graphics look great, but i guess there will again have to be a lot of modders, to make this historically right. Anyway, it looks great !

Greetings,

Catfish

That looks a bit more like it. I have SH3, gave SH4 a miss. One of my biggest complaints was how they didn't model all the compartments. And I hated the cut-down death scene.

It's a very time-consuming game though, even using warp (which I didn't to begin with...eek! :grin: ).

Thanks for posting this, the graphics look awesome! Moved to the SH forum :good:

I have both SH3 and SH4 and loved them. Like was said, very time consuming, but the strategy part was so awesome. I did a little SH4 shortly after I had Phase 3, but with OFF I am almost afraid to get it as the time between the two would be difficult to share. And oh how I wish often that I was 20 years younger!!! How the sims develop is simply amazing

WOW, SH5 looks amazing. The water effects are brilliant!

Can't wait to have this one.

OvS

Also an owner (and fan) of SH3 with GWX, although I haven't played very much since getting BHaH. Looking forward to SH5, though. Looks nice, but we all know that looks aren't everything!

Hello,

i am currently learning SH4 with patch 1.5 (=U-Boat missions) and some beautiful mods - it is indeed better than SH3 with GWX - and it took me quite some time to change. I am currently running SH 4 with U-Boat missions, and some free campaign mod playing with german U-boats, almost anywhere in the world, and with historically correct occurrences like the invasion of Norway, british fleet manoeuvers and all. This is graphically unbelievable, in fact i wondered where SH 5 is better !

The (b.t.w. free) campaign mod is named "Operation Monsun" (OM), it comes with "Operation Monsun environmental graphics upgrade" (OMEGU), all easily installed via JSGME. It's huge, but it is worth it. The targeting and plotting is really something you have to learn, but when you mastered it it is more exact than in the original "vanilla" game - and it is historically correct ! Graphics but also gameplay is breathtaking, i just have to learn the AOB thingie again lol. This OM is for a german campaign, but there are also numerous improvements with other great mods for the US side. like "Run silent run deep", "Trigger Maru", "Real Fleet Boat" and whatnot. Since SH 4 and the U-Boat mission add-on is now a bargain, i can only advise to get it !

Greetings,

Catfish