Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

HITR First Impressions

Yeah thanks Olham. Basically the AI is not working as it should be as per p3 - we will restore it back to as it was in v1.32G.

P4 we can work on all sorts of situations for more realistic fight results and behaviour.

Yeah thanks Olham. Basically the AI is not working as it should be as per p3 - we will restore it back to as it was in v1.32G.

P4 we can work on all sorts of situations for more realistic fight results and behaviour.

Noooo! The AI stays high right now and fights properly in that regard. I've also been strafed a lot more as I land...the current AI doesn't appear to be yo-yoing on the deck as much?

How is it that high AI = less aggressiveness and low-AI = more aggressiveness? Bloody hell, this AI stuff really is a can of worms. Aggressive yo-yoers or passive non-yo-yoers about sum it up? :dntknw:

I think it's even more complex than that, Siggi.

If you only just imagine, how much you would have to program/write

to make AI act intelligent - I have the deepest admiration for the guys,

and I wouldn't want to do the job.

Seems, that many thing relate to each other, which make it unpredictable

in parts, what else will change, when you change one thing.

Let's give them some time to find out, I'd say.

I'm getting the feeling that what they're faced with is 2 + 2 not always (if ever) = 4. There is some measure of chaos-theory at work here. Or the butterfly-effect.

Agreed Olham. It has to be incredibly difficult to adjust AI code on a sim you didn't program. Working with someone elses code, originally built for WWII planes, and then trying to get it to cope with a completely different breed of animal and get them to fight intelligently, that's quite a task.

I think Siggi's right, in this instance 2+2 probably equals a bushel of potatoes. If any group can hammer it out, I know the OBD guys can.

The "Butterfly Effect" was the closest description, I assume.

But: it's their "baby" - and this "mother" I trust!

Just got the add-on today drinks.gif

Thanks OBD for making this a download and easy-peasy to install. Got some test flying in this afternoon and really like the wind effects and the engine sounds. Have you changed the MG sound files? The twin spandaus on my AlbD2 sound exactly the same as a single Vickers (Spad VII) and sound more like a muted WWII movie mg than what you had before. Thats the only issue I have, otherwise excellent stuff. Thanks for all the effort!

Yep we are looking. Try adjusting the terrain and scenery a notch down and see Creaghorn? Usually higher is better, but try please.

Pol, I too see lack luster AI performance BUT did not change a single scenery setting (all 3's). You can waltz right up their AI heine giving both barrels all the time and the AI barely flinches.

Now, that said, my stutter has gotten much worse. I thought it was a side effect of the wind buffet, so I turned it off, but the stutter kept up. Much worse than before HITR. It's giving me a head ache! My FPS are well into the 30's, 40's and 50's still, but HITR is making BHAH nearly unplayable for me.

3 year old rig with upgrades: fresh install Win 7 x64 (did wonders for basic BHAH), 4 x 2.66 GHz Xeons, 11 GB 667 RAM, XFX 4870 1 GB vRAM, HD Western Digital black edition (my bottleneck, but solution?).

EDIT: not wishing to be all negative, there are many enjoyable features, thank you.

Edited by B Bandy RFC

See my post above for AI, and the known issues. No need to tell us you see it as everyone will see it.

Stutters as with all PC games everyone is different. Try lowering your terrain and scenery slider 1. HitR is higher quality for a start.

Also try the usual tweaks (there's a lot in the forums and FAQ) - limiting cfs3 max fps etc in cfs3.xml for example found in "Default" folder to say 30.

Pol, apologies for rehashing old news apparently, but thanks for replies. The posts in this forum fly faster than, well you know.

Just can't keep up with the volume with what little time I have to browse...

My rig is already tweaked to all the posted BHAH tweak threads mentioned, 30 fps max setting, etc., even tried setting CPU affinity for my 4 cores with a fine program I found on CNET for Win7 x64.

FPS ain't my problem, I have lots of that...

Still tweaking. My FPS is higher than it's ever been but control seems sluggish... just a question of me and my rig adjusting. The AI issue I have nowt to say on as hasn't already been said. Overall though the whole sim just looks so much better and the wind buffet and noise... SO IMMERSIVE. Just want to say thanks too for the new artwork, the SE5 scene you get with a British campaign is just perfect almost brought a tear to my eye when I first saw it, did bring a huge grin to my face. Kudos the devs.

Try other tweaks then such as video card tips, les more settings in nvidia/ati panel. Shutdown backgound processes (disk Indexing on??) etc. same with all sims and games out there some people get stutters with some beauty of PC gaming takes some tweaking and investigating usually.

Try increasing swap file, lowering ground sliders will lower texture requirements which may help reading etc etc.