Sign in to follow this  
jack72

Error Updating Config message

I just tried to start OFF BH&H with the 1.32 and 1.32g superpatch and the Hat In the Ring expansion loaded in the game.

When trying to start, the following message comes up

"Error UPdating Config Overrides - File does not exist. Reinstall Off C:\Documents and Settings\Staub\Application Data\Microsoft\CFSWWI Over Flanders Field\Config Overides.xml"

What does this mean and why am I getting it.

System being used is Winxp, The only thing added was the superpatches and the expansion pack...why get this message now and what is missing.

usually, all you have to do is rerun cfs3config.exe (for BHAH).

either go to the workshop, and lower panel on the right, click on the graphics config link.

if for some reason you cant get that far, its in obdsoftware\cfsww1 over flanders fields\cfs3config.exe

Here is a link for the settings in cfs3config that the off team recommends

http://www.overflandersfields.com/Tips.htm

if that doesnt work,,,you can get my configoverides.xml file here

http://bhah.homeip.net:192/inbox/ConfigOverrides.xml

it has to go in the path that the error message tells you. if you go this route, you should then run cfs3config,,cause you will have my settings (and i have an ati card), and im sure you want to have your settings.

ok,,good,,,

just so i can tuck this away for the next person,,,what worked,,,running cfs3config,,or the file i sent you....

Edited by sitting_duck

This error message came up yesterday after I had updated my graphics card drivers. Maybe a coincidence but after invoking cfs3config.exe I found out all my settings there had been reset. Adjusting the settings did cure it.

Cheers

This error message came up yesterday after I had updated my graphics card drivers. Maybe a coincidence but after invoking cfs3config.exe I found out all my settings there had been reset. Adjusting the settings did cure it.

Cheers

Each time we update the graphic card driver have always to run cf3config.exe and set all the settings again.