Stary

HR SF2E GermanyCE terrain update part 1 of 2

Welcome to combatace Derailed!

flightengine.ini should go straight into "C:\Users\Darren\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight" folder.

Most ini files from the flightdata.cat would also go here, if they need to be edited.

* So I created a folder called Flight in C:\Users\Darren\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe, and put the file there. Now the game launches, but when I click Fly I get a black screen.

Welcome to combatace Derailed!

flightengine.ini should go straight into "C:\Users\Darren\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight" folder.

Most ini files from the flightdata.cat would also go here, if they need to be edited.

Thanks for the clarification.

Alas, I had already tried this, but I figured maybe I did it wrong. So I've tried again, but I get the same black screen when I click 'Fly'.

I'll describe the exact steps I did, in case I've done something wrong!!

1. Created folder C:\Users\Darren\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight. (I.e. created the Flight sub folder.)
  2. Copied \Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Flight\FlightData.cat to the Flight folder I just made in step 1.
  3. Ran CatPack in C:\Users\Darren\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight, to extract only FlightEngine.ini. This resulted in a folder called FlightData being created under Flight, containing the ini file. (I.e. it created C:\Users\Darren\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight\FlightData\FlightEngine.ini.) It also resulted in a new file called FlightData.index.txt, directly in the Flight folder.
  4. I moved FlightEngine.ini from C:\Users\Darren\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight\FlightData to C:\Users\Darren\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight, i.e. I moved it up one dir, so that it sits in the directory you told me it should.
  5. I deleted the (now empty) C:\Users\Darren\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight\FlightData folder.

At this point, I started the game WITHOUT making any edits. But when I click on 'Fly' for any mission, the game just hangs on a black screen. If I remove the FlightEngine.ini file, the game launches fine.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? It seems that simply putting the flightengine.ini file into C:\Users\Darren\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight is causing the game to hang, even though I haven't got as far as editing it yet!

Wow, this terrain is totally beautiful. Thanks!

Have you released the smaller trees version yet?

ummm, I totally forgot about those..? Honestly I don't remember if I made and released the smaller variant :dntknw:

This looks absolutely beautiful, well done. I'm getting some slowdown, so I want to tweak the flight.ini (or flightengine.ini) file mentioned in the mod's read me - trouble is I can't find it anywhere. :) I definitely don't want to go back to the defaults after seeing this. Good that it's free as well, unlike Hi Tiles for Falcon 4.0 AF. ;)

Edited by ShockNAwe

I follow the instructions at readme, but suffering game crashs when i start the mission.

I print the error details screen:sf2error.jpg

My graphic board is NvIDIA GT GeForce 9800 GT 1gb...

Someone have any tip?

I follow the instructions at readme, but suffering game crashs when i start the mission.

I print the error details screen:sf2error.jpg

My graphic board is NvIDIA GT GeForce 9800 GT 1gb...

Someone have any tip?

UPDATE: My Windows is the Xp, and using Directx 9c.

This Terrain need Dx10 to work?

I think not, should work with Dx9 without problems

you can try this:

open GermanyCE_data.ini and disable all the shaders pointers in the file (make a copy first!!!)