Sign in to follow this  
Guest Saganuay82

Adding Weapons

Guest Saganuay82

I know this has been beaten up quite badly in many forums. I downloaded the "new weapon pack", added to the objects folder and then what do I do with it? the tutorial on how to add weapons is the same one I have found on 4 forums. What is an extract utility? and where do I find it?

Great game, great planes, luv seeing the MiG fall on fire for 8000 ft.........keep it coming and I welcome any help

Use LOman. It works very well for Sfp1 and is very easy to use. Save you a lot of grief and a fortune in smashed keyboards

Guest Saganuay82

Thanks for the reply. Whats LOman? I see "LOman compatible" in the post about the release of the pack.

I downloaded the "new weapon pack", added to the objects folder and then what do I do with it?

If you extracted the package from the zip to the Objects folder in your SF P1 install that is it - easy, huh? :)

You should then be able to access the appropriate weapons for an aircraft in the loadout screen for that aircraft.

P.S. There is a readme in the zip package.

Edited by BUFF

Loman is a little utility used to add weapons, aircraft and anything else you might want to add to the game. It will extract the files and update the ini's for you so you don't have to. It's pretty slick. When you download weapons, make sure it is the loman compatible version.

Guest Saganuay82

Its some nice to come to a forum and get results.

OK now where is the LOMAN download? I see lots of good websites but alot of them are missing available aircraft, utilities and scenery. Like the interim NRV scenery. Oh and to see the carrier available.

The readme in the download is way to simple so maybe I made it harder for myself :) I have the Sea Harrier, that comes with Sea Eagle but it doesn't show on the aircraft for loading. Is that cause the mission dates are earlier than the weapon availability?

The other one is the nukes, just for the fun of it. I don't see them available, but i did see them in the WEAPONDATA.INI.

We have it here at Biohaz, but the DL's are down at the moment as I get them all moved from the old system. :( I'll have it up next week sometime, but a Google search for LOMAN should find you a download location quickly... ;)

Guest Saganuay82

Well that LOMAN for the weapons pack worked great. Thanks guys for the help and the point outs. Here is where I got it.

http://www.warfaregames.com/

Would of committed one of my own bitches if I hadn't added that link.

There's a couple of nukes in the wpnspak, but we're still awaiting Deuces to finish the nuclear effects data in order for them to work. In addition to LOMAN, be sure you DL the SP2 weapons editor & the SP2 gun editor as well ( make sure you use the Service Pack 2 versions ). MJ should have them available for DL here once everything gets moved. Having both of these & knowing how to use them will enable you to add weapons from new aircraft releases before the next weapons pak comes out...

Guest Saganuay82

I managed to find the nukes. Good for airfields. I did load the new weapons pack manually and followed the directions. No joy. Installed LOMAN and BAM...........soooo unfair to the groundtroops now the wrath that can be released from above. LOL

Very nice to have the Maverick available on the A10. The Durandels......do they work? I watched them hit and disappear with no effects.