Sign in to follow this  
PinkPanther

Santa arrived early

They must have put on a special mail delivery because OFF came through my letter box at 10:30am and my mail always gets delivered around 12:30pm.

Here I am in my SE5a hunting for huns in very bad weather. CO sternly told me, "get up there and hunt huns and never mind the weather you pillock".

se5a.jpg

Had received mine over a week ago but it sat under the tree. Had to negotiate terms with the little lady and was able to reach an agreement so I have been enjoying my flight time....... although it has been at the expense of a number of pilots!

Wow, PinkPanther, seems someone called Santa to tell him your troubles -

now that must be a wonderful Christmas for you!

And if you hate the wheather - just start a Campaign in May or June!

Have fun!

Thanks. Must be my lucky day so think I will buy a lottery ticket today. There is no little lady here so I can do as I please. :)

That was just a quick mission and forgot to check the box to make me invincible so had to create a new pilot after this mission as I flew too low over the front line. Will start campaign next and select favorable season, also need to go into the config and disable the rain effects as I am not a fan of it. It's running smoothly though and am using 3 for scenery and terrain even though I have 5870 vid card and i5 750 OC to 3.8ghz. I like to ensure good fame rate as I can't enjoy flight sims with poor frame rate. Might turn on FSAA though as it should handle it fine.

Edited by PinkPanther

Yep the sim isn't really looking less good with terrain even on 2.

I have these settings:

Aircraft detail: 5

Terrain detail: 3

Scenery detail: 3

Effects quality: 4

Clouds: 2

Anti-aliasing and such stuff I have set up in ATI Catalyst Control Center for my vid card.

Why clouds only 2? In CFS3 I have always used 4 and is what I set OFF to also. I also think if you set the config file for FSAA it should work. Does in CFS3 and I don't like to change my vid card settings all the time so prefer it when games have their own settings for FSAA.

Congrats on the arrival of what will become your new obsession.:grin:

I have a slightly lesser rig than yours (Q9550 and a GTX285) and I run 16 AF and 8Q AA at 1900x1200 with sliders at fives, except for terrain, which everyone says to leave at four. I get a steady 40fps (where I've capped it). I would advise against using the in game AA settings. People seem to have problems with them. Do the ATI drivers allow profile settings for individual games? Anyway, there's lots of graphics advice on the OFF website and on this forum, from people far more knowledgeable than me. Your rig should run the game beautifully, though.

Now you need the expansion. It really adds to the game. And it's a download. :grin:

Cheers and happy holidays! (I said that, so you wouldn't fly one too many missions and forget Christmas.:blink:

And there was much rejoicing. Glad Avongate came through for you.

Why clouds only 2? In CFS3 I have always used 4 and is what I set OFF to also. I also think if you set the config file for FSAA it should work. Does in CFS3 and I don't like to change my vid card settings all the time so prefer it when games have their own settings for FSAA.

OFF is not CFS3. It's based on the engine, but it's far more complex and demanding graphically. Don't worry though, your rig will handle it fine with all the settings cranked up.