Sign in to follow this  
Spinners

How do I get a missile rail to appear?

Is there anyway I can get a missile rail to appear on a stock aircraft (e.g. Hunter or Thunderstreak) when I add 'IRM' to an outer wing weapon station that normally says 'BOMB,FT,GP dntknw.gif (copyright Agostini).

Adding IRM gets an Atoll or Sidewinder to appear but slung directly below the pylon and therefore not very realistic. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not on about adding an additional pylon - just getting a missile rail to appear on an existing pylon.

Thanks in advance.

FINLANDTHUNDERSTREAK01.jpg

Edited by Spinners

In the loadout.ini, when you're entering your information about your IRM station, ie:

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[01].RackType= <<-----Add this and specify what type of rack type you want and it'll appear slung unter this rack in-game.

I mean, that's how I do it for bombs and other munitions to avoid their fins clipping with the aircraft wing.

Edited by Say What?!

It has to be an actual 3D pylon that's "Called" when you load the weapon. Otherwise you're not going to have actual missile rails unless the original modeler makes them, so when you load IRMs on that pylon, an actual rail will show up.

That's correct. Unless the rail is part of the model, you will not see one. There are ways around this of course that involve adding parts either by the Weapon or FakePilot method.

FC

Many thanks for your replies guys and to Florian for the PM (I'll check it out tonight).