Sign in to follow this  
wsmwsm

Serious issues install Hat in the Ring

Just purchased Hat in the Ring today. After quite a long wait to obtain the download, I attempted to install. I then received an error message which read, in part, ". . . OFF installation has not been patched to SuperPatch Level (v1.35). Your patch level is "1.33"..." I am then told to go to the downloads section to add the patch. However, as far as I can see, the last OFF "Superpatch" in August 2009 is 1.32. Please advise.

Edited by wsmwsm

Eh? That's weird. Sequence should be:

Install BH&H

Install super-patch 1.32

Install mini-patch (hotfix) 1.32g

Install HiTR.

Eh? That's weird. Sequence should be:

Install BH&H

Install super-patch 1.32

Install mini-patch (hotfix) 1.32g

Install HiTR.

That is what it says. Makes no sense to me.

The second error window then says: "Runtime Error (at 24:1809) Patch Installer cancelled. OFF not patched to SuperPatch Level 1.35"

Edited by wsmwsm

That is what it says. Makes no sense to me.

The second error window then says: "Runtime Error (at 24:1809) Patch Installer cancelled. OFF not patched to SuperPatch Level 1.35"

good.gif I re installed both HitR and the patch on the second go around the campagins work But I still get Run Time errors and it will crash back to the desk top. I just start the on campagins for a 2nd time and it generally runs ok. However, Quick combat and diffent skins can be a waste of time with the run time errors. Just continue to march and U will be ok.rofl.gif

good.gif I re installed both HitR and the patch on the second go around the campagins work But I still get Run Time errors and it will crash back to the desk top. I just start the on campagins for a 2nd time and it generally runs ok. However, Quick combat and diffent skins can be a waste of time with the run time errors. Just continue to march and U will be ok.rofl.gif

I can't even install it. That's the issue here.

You should not get runtime errors, could be down to anything including previous corruption on files, etc.

Maybw you need to totally remove BH&H, then reinstall, then patch BH&H to 1.32 superpatch, THEN patch to the BH&H 1.32G MINI PATCH, then install HitR.

When you are installing the patches make sure each one completes successfully.

You should not get runtime errors, could be down to anything including previous corruption on files, etc.

Maybw you need to totally remove BH&H, then reinstall, then patch BH&H to 1.32 superpatch, THEN patch to the BH&H 1.32G MINI PATCH, then install HitR.

When you are installing the patches make sure each one completes successfully.

Oh boy. I will give it a try. I had no issues installing the patches previously. And I don't think this explains getting messages about patches which don't exist, however.

After uninstalling and reinstalling BHAH and the two patches, I was finally able to install Hat in the Ring. Thanks.

Edited by wsmwsm

After uninstalling and reinstalling BHAH and the two patches, I was finally able to install Hat in the Ring. Thanks.

Ok great wsmwsm, error messages can be totally misleading in PC land due the zillions of differences in each possible PC configuration.

Corruption can occur on files or drives etc over time, from all sorts of reasons- then all bets are off, software does funny things when data isn't as it should be.

In PC Land all else fails uninstall - reinstall works most times failing that find window open window launch PC out of Window... actually dont do the last that way you have nothing to complain about... :rofl: