Sign in to follow this  
GaryR

TIR3 and 5.1 software

Just heard back from Seth at TIR, don't hold your breath for the new software. End of 2010 at best...

I believe you guys are correct, either way I guess i'll sell my TIR cheap and grab the latest and greatest. I have the "vector" add in and a "clip", have to check and see what I will need to buy.. maybe they take trades?

I'm happy with how my TIR-3 and the current SW work. It seems to be fine in OFF with the addon. Is there a big improvement with upgrading (ie worth the price?).

I too am using an old TrackIR-3 Pro with the Vector Expansion (for 6DoF) and the Hat-Clip.

I'm fairly satisfied with the operation (maybe I don't know any better!), so I'm not sure if the upgrade would be worth while.

It would cost me $179 Cdn, then $50 for the Track-Clip, plus Tax (15%) and shipping.

I'm happy with how my TIR-3 and the current SW work. It seems to be fine in OFF with the addon. Is there a big improvement with upgrading (ie worth the price?).

Most likely not, but it's the old "gotta have it cause it's the latest and greatest" syndrome. Also I always seem to have issues with my TIR3 of one sort or another and end up not using it.

Hahaha . . . I understand completly :grin:

That's a syndrome many of us "simmers" have. Whether we fly, drive, or sail. The only issue I have had with mine is I usually have to "reset" by unplugging/re-plugging the USB connection after each boot. I have the software dialed in pretty good though. You do have to play with the software settings a bit to find what works in your game room.

Good luck with with what ever decision you make!