Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

Cold War movies

What? No mention of this classic?

Hehe i remeber when i first saw this movie, it blew my freaking mind away and ever since then ive been flying flightsimulators :P

RSR was a fun read, however it isn't "filmable." Any screenplay would require massive work, such that it would say "based on the novel" as opposed to "adapted from" because there is NO way to adapt it. There's no lead character for one! The USAF guy on Iceland is the closest they get, but even that is stretching it.

It's more an interwoven series of vignettes covering this war from various spots. Most of the characters never even meet!

Has nobody mentioned "The Russians Are Coming"? That's one of my favorites of all time! Not really a stereotypical cold-war movie, but it is based around a bunch of Brits fearing a Soviet invasion. It's just so... good!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060921/

Sounds funny thanks. But it looks like New England, not England. Stay away from the bottle. : drinks :

...The United States Navy refused to loan one for the production and barred the studio from bringing a real Russian submarine....

~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Russians_Are_Coming,_the_Russians_Are_Coming

lol that was funny. If true, well I guess they would bar that. :rofl:

Another one I can't remember from too far back. That B-52 and KC-135 collision off Spain. Follows the surviving crew after bailout. All I recall is bizzare music and weird shots. I was fascinated by it at the time. Much very strange.