Okay just done a recce Mission in WOV with the Gold pack with an RF-8A and cruised over the docks minding my own business as you do... oh and watching for the telegraph poles and I met 2 of the nicest Mig-21's you could ever hope to meet... I wound up following them... whilst SAM's are popping of everywhere I think evertime I popped up over 1000ft 2 would come up to play so back down I went... Anyhew back to these 2 wonderful Migs I turned there pair into a threesome and sat there alongside them when the flak was starting to get interesting I opened up the burner and ran out in front of them for some fun... see if they would take the bait but no they sat there cruising along nice and fine at around 450 500knots 4 missiles apiece... normally I wouldn't have thought anything of it so I reset and went to do the same mission with an F-8J guns only... this time those 2 lovely migs weren't so lovely they got down right agressive... this led to a gunfight and one of them crashing into the deck at 600knots plus and the other one then bugged out... Seemed strange to me as if they knew I couldn't shoot them but as soon as you have guns thats it kill em...

Saying that though those Mig-17's will chase anything for a kill had to use full power (no burner) in a RA-5 when they came a visiting there's little ole me again stooging around taking pictures and the 17's come out to play all 8 of em...dump tanks open throttle and leave em standing in the dust... okay smoke... but hey what can you do ???

No I am running the 08 Patch...

I wasn't complaing as sometimes its peaceful to look over how the AI flies without it trying to kill you...

Also good for formation flying and practicing gun kills...

Edited by Slartibartfast

They may have been on bingo fuel, did you target them at all? Since WOI/ SF2 the jets actually try to get home after the fight by getting away quickly - this may also depend on their skill level too i guess

I targeted one of them in the RF-8 and got no response but as I stated not too worried as to them being bingo fuel if didnt look like it when I flew the F-8J as they both came at me full bore... and I didn't even lock them up or have any radar on... As I said it was just interesting to see thats all...