Sign in to follow this  
shotdown

Strike Eagle

Hello, I need some help with a F-15E I got for Christmas. I'd like to know if the outer wing pylons are actually used. In all the pictures I've seen, payload is always carried on racks attached to the fuselage, conformal tanks (this kit includes a multiple rack connected to the conformal tanks, I'm not sure this really exists) or the wings inner pylons, so I'm not sure the outer wing pylons are used at all.

gallery_43085_256_3875.jpg

Edited by shotdown

I didn't even know the F-15 had outer pylons (I though it just had the fuselage/CFT ordnance points and the two wing pylons). Learn something new everyday:yes:

I happened to have had that very model just in 1/48 scale and was told that the racks were never used unless the plane was configured as a prototype so i ended making resin copies of the real fuselage racks and never used those.

I happened to have had that very model just in 1/48 scale and was told that the racks were never used unless the plane was configured as a prototype so i ended making resin copies of the real fuselage racks and never used those.

Are you talking about the fuselage pylons or the conformal tanks pylons?I was planning on using AIM-7 Sparrows for the conformal tanks, so this is no real problem, but if center fuselage pylon is wrong too, i'll have to change a few things.

Edited by shotdown

Are you talking about the fuselage pylons or the conformal tanks pylons?I was planning on using AIM-7 Sparrows for the conformal tanks, so this is no real problem, but if center fuselage pylon is wrong too, i'll have to change a few things.

I have another question (it's not about F15, but I didn't want to start a new thread for every doubt about kits). I have an Academy 1/72 A10 Thunderbolt and I wanted to add to it a few weapons (a couple AGM 45 Shrike) I had from other kit, but I am not sure if the warthog can carry those missiles. Does anyone know?

A-10 can't carry any ARMs. Only guided missile is the AGM-65. Dumb bombs and rockets a plenty, of course. It can't self-designate an LGB, but it can carry them. I think the A-10C can drop JDAMs now too.

A-10 can't carry any ARMs. Only guided missile is the AGM-65. Dumb bombs and rockets a plenty, of course. It can't self-designate an LGB, but it can carry them. I think the A-10C can drop JDAMs now too.

Thank you for the info Master Salute.gif

Edited by shotdown