Sign in to follow this  
Guest rscsjsuso5

combat ace history any1

Guest rscsjsuso5

hi just curious how did combat ace come out i mean the history who was the first few involved and why the name combat ace and what did the first website look like . example thirdwire has a wiki but what about combat ace ? we all know that c5's website is primarily for nato and ws and that a-team is props but what about CA . i have been downloading a lot of wonderful aircraft on this site and want to know who is the mao, george, or king of this site.

thanks just a curious one :drinks:

CA used to belong to Madjeff and this place was called Biohazard and it was more geared towards LOMAC and dipped in 3rd Wire and many many other things. Fates and Dagger have been around since it was Biohaz. In 2004 Mk2 bought it from Madjeff and Fates, Erik, Mk2 and I put it all together. We became a hub for Thirdwire after a falling out with SimHQ and the modders along with the Thirdwire populace moved here to help cut through the bull because the staff here realized that we shall not go to SimHQ because tis a silly place.. That is it in a nut shell.

I got Biohaz's web address from a computer magazine article about flight sims waaaaayy back a long time ago.

I came as a visitor at first and finally joined.

I must say that you have come a long long way from the original.

You have done very very well. :drinks::clapping:

It is amazing the growth of the site. Biohazcentral.com was started by Madjeff, and when I found the site, MJ and Fates had things well in hand. It was a LOMAC site, and everyone was waiting on the release of that sim.

The rest,as they say,is history. Since Madjeff decided to step away and Erik and the rest of the new admins. took over, all I can say it is a real joy to continue my association with the site. Even with the large number of members we have, the job of the moderators is actually easy as this is a very good self policing community.

Here's to many more years! :drinks:

I was a member back in the BioHaz days. I was more active then as well. It was a good place then and has continued to be since the switchover. One day when I am able to build my next rig, I'll be visiting even more often. Can't really do much simming with my current (limited) laptop and so I don't tempt/tease myself with what is current in the way of Flight Sims. Besides, I REALLY hate StarForce :grin:

Edited by Growler67

What's particularly good, is the diversity. (yes, I know there are others too)

We in the Over Flanders Fields forum (yes, the new kids on the Block) were very grateful when CA allowed us to come here, after our fallout at Sim Outhouse...and it's a great place to kick off the flying Boots, hang up the Goggles and chew the fat!

I was a Biohaz member as well.

Me too, I learned a great many things about Strike Fighters and FS 2004 here. We used to have an active flight sim community long ago but things change. I remember my first online FS 2004 flights were on the BioHazard server.

as to how I came to be here, simple I followed the link at Third Wires website. I've been here ever since.

I was a Biohaz member as well.

Me too.

I was member number 66...lol. And a former moderator and Naval editor for the sight along with BigBeer. Still have my trusty Biohaz beerstein and visit everyday to make sure Im getting the latest Strike Fighters love. :good:

Edited by pcpilot

a biohaz member too. mad jeff one of the cool blokes :) man how years fly away.... i think i was originally here because of Janes USAF, after McFly's gave up ... and then LockOn too (♥) With the opportunity to thank you guys for the efforts and nice work here :)

ex biohaz here too